Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum. You can also find a lot of information, cooking tips and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Can I TRex a whole beef tenderloin???

MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
edited 10:28AM in EggHead Forum
Cooking a whole tender for Crhistmas dinner. Thinking about TREXing it to get that wonderful chared crust on the outside and a medium rare on the inside. Anyone ever try this ?? Any suggestions ???

Comments

• MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
    Memphis, Oops - didn't see the post down below. Next time I will read before I post.

• beeftenderloin1.jpg
    <p />Memphis,
    One thing I would add. If you have guests that don't like medium ect., like I do. I don't wrap the tail around. That way the thin part of the loin gets well done but leaving the thicker part medium.[p]Mike

Car Wash Mike, Thanks - good idea - There is always one who likes to eat shoe leather !!!!!!!

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    btsear1.JPG
    <p />Memphis,[p]You mean, like this?
    TRex, Now THAT"S what I'm talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Memphis,
    I am fairly new to this forum (since September) - What is TRex method of cooking?????[p]Thanks!