Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Can I TRex a whole beef tenderloin???

MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
edited 11:14PM in EggHead Forum
Cooking a whole tender for Crhistmas dinner. Thinking about TREXing it to get that wonderful chared crust on the outside and a medium rare on the inside. Anyone ever try this ?? Any suggestions ???

Comments

• MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
    Memphis, Oops - didn't see the post down below. Next time I will read before I post.

• beeftenderloin1.jpg
    <p />Memphis,
    One thing I would add. If you have guests that don't like medium ect., like I do. I don't wrap the tail around. That way the thin part of the loin gets well done but leaving the thicker part medium.[p]Mike

Car Wash Mike, Thanks - good idea - There is always one who likes to eat shoe leather !!!!!!!

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
    btsear1.JPG
    <p />Memphis,[p]You mean, like this?
    TRex, Now THAT"S what I'm talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Memphis,
    I am fairly new to this forum (since September) - What is TRex method of cooking?????[p]Thanks!