Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15 pounder update.......

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
thanks for all the help on the 15 pound, lip on, boneless ribeye. I trimmed that bad boy and ended up with just over 12 pounds. On the Costco pricing that worked out to be approximately $8 per pound trimmed. [p]The cook was simple, I cut it in two, seasoned the night before and planned on 2.5 total hours - sear through rest. One piece needed to be medium-to-medium well and the other needed to be medium rare. I started the medium well piece first, worked through 1/2 hour at 400 degrees and then dropped in the second for a quick sear. After the sear, I cooked them both at 350 until 150 and 125 respectfully. I was 1/2 hour late on my timing which was no biggy. [p]Both turned out very good and all ten of us had plenty to eat. Not much is left, maybe enough for a couple sandwhiches this afternoon. Philly cheese steaks maybe.....[p]Thanks again,[p]
Tom