Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Replacement Parts

edited 7:06PM in EggHead Forum
I cannot find an oval cooking grate for a Kingsford Charcoal Grill that I purchased in approximately 1995. The only grates that I can find are circular. Any thoughts?

Comments

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Kevin Devanney,[p]Get a circular one that is close to the right dimensions. Grab one side and have a friend grab the other. On the count of three, pull until you have acvhieved the desired degree of ovality (ovalness, ovalhood, whatever).[p]Cornfed
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Kevin Devanney,[p]
    Kingsford Charcoal Grills
    1400 S. 13th St.
    Louisville, KY 40210
    800/ 585-4745[p]Try this

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cornfed, Dang, I was gonna suggest going to the metal shop and haveing thick heavy guage diamond mesh cut in a oval and reinforced rod across it..or buy a BGE..First part is cheaper...:-)
    Last part is more soul filling and rewarding. sigh!!!
    C~W[p]

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Char-Woody,[p]I think yours and JJ's suggestions will work better than mine...unless the friend pulling from the other side is pretty darn strong...[p]Cornfed
  • JJ,[p]Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.