Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lump/Smoking Wood - Columbia, SC

tedted Posts: 51
edited 6:47AM in EggHead Forum
Anyone here in or around Columbia, SC? If so, can you give me some good sources for lump and/or smoking wood?

Prior to getting my egg, I was already using lump. I was getting Original Charcoal Company from my local Bi-Lo food store. I was very satisfied with it and quite pleased to have an easy source. Then, I got my egg and it came with Cowboy lump (to my surprise, I expected BGE brand). I did not like the Cowboy as much, but I had it so I used it. Yesterday, I went to Bi-Lo to buy more Original Charcoal Company lump and they had no more. All they had was small bags of Cowboy! Arrrgh. So, I am on a search for lump. I would rather not have to buy Cowboy from my local BGE dealer. That certainly won't be the cheapest route. And, I don't want to buy 10lb. bags of Cowboy either. There has to be more out there somewhere.

I would also like to find some good smoking woods. I found Hickory at Lowe's and my wife brought some Mesquite home from Bi-Lo. But, I would like to branch out and try some of the other, lighter flavors too.

So... any suggestions will be appreciated.
·