Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

T-Rexing a Brisket

BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Based on the ease and deliciousness of the flank steak we cooked for the demo (below), I did a brisket yesterday. It was a 3.5 pound flat, just right to fit on the small.[p]I began by marinating it overnight in a marinade modified from Martin Yan. That was 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 Tablespoon fish sauce.[p]I began by searing at 600 degrees for 90 seconds on each side. I then shut down till the temp dropped to 250 degrees (about 35 minutes), added chunks of hickory and cooked the brisket to an internal 185. (3 to 3 1/2 hours cooking time, direct.)[p]Taste and tenderness were fantastic. I plan on doing it again, but next time I'll do the long cook indirect. (There was a little burn on the "non-fat cap" side.)[p]Ken