Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

T-Rexing a Brisket

BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited 5:00AM in EggHead Forum
Based on the ease and deliciousness of the flank steak we cooked for the demo (below), I did a brisket yesterday. It was a 3.5 pound flat, just right to fit on the small.[p]I began by marinating it overnight in a marinade modified from Martin Yan. That was 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 Tablespoon fish sauce.[p]I began by searing at 600 degrees for 90 seconds on each side. I then shut down till the temp dropped to 250 degrees (about 35 minutes), added chunks of hickory and cooked the brisket to an internal 185. (3 to 3 1/2 hours cooking time, direct.)[p]Taste and tenderness were fantastic. I plan on doing it again, but next time I'll do the long cook indirect. (There was a little burn on the "non-fat cap" side.)[p]Ken
·