Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

19 hours later...

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 7:14AM in EggHead Forum
butt4.jpg
<p />I let the dome temp drift up to 300 degrees once the internal temp hit 185 degrees - total cooking time was 19.5 hours. The polder read 201 degrees when the butt was removed. This is for tonight's dinner, but since my wife was out shopping I sampled one 'small' sandwich (plus the pulling samples) - it took me 53 years to find it... but I love pulled pork. Even made a fresh batch of BBQ sauce! [p]The BGE makes it all so easy.
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Gfw, even the bone looks tempting! Good job!
    C~W[p]

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,
    Pretty thick smoke ring too - or so it looks with all that pink meat. How much wood did you add?[p]Tim

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, I only had a few pecan chips... when the ribs were off I added more lump and then added a layer of chips - since the lunp on top was fresh and it takes a while for the fire to reach the top lump, the chips last longer and seem to smoke more. Right after the chips, I put the bricks and the butt on the grill - the smoke comming out of the top vent lasted for about an hour.

·