Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

19 hours later...

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
butt4.jpg
<p />I let the dome temp drift up to 300 degrees once the internal temp hit 185 degrees - total cooking time was 19.5 hours. The polder read 201 degrees when the butt was removed. This is for tonight's dinner, but since my wife was out shopping I sampled one 'small' sandwich (plus the pulling samples) - it took me 53 years to find it... but I love pulled pork. Even made a fresh batch of BBQ sauce! [p]The BGE makes it all so easy.
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Gfw, even the bone looks tempting! Good job!
    C~W[p]

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,
    Pretty thick smoke ring too - or so it looks with all that pink meat. How much wood did you add?[p]Tim

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, I only had a few pecan chips... when the ribs were off I added more lump and then added a layer of chips - since the lunp on top was fresh and it takes a while for the fire to reach the top lump, the chips last longer and seem to smoke more. Right after the chips, I put the bricks and the butt on the grill - the smoke comming out of the top vent lasted for about an hour.

·