Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

19 hours later...

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
butt4.jpg
<p />I let the dome temp drift up to 300 degrees once the internal temp hit 185 degrees - total cooking time was 19.5 hours. The polder read 201 degrees when the butt was removed. This is for tonight's dinner, but since my wife was out shopping I sampled one 'small' sandwich (plus the pulling samples) - it took me 53 years to find it... but I love pulled pork. Even made a fresh batch of BBQ sauce! [p]The BGE makes it all so easy.
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gfw, even the bone looks tempting! Good job!
    C~W[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,
    Pretty thick smoke ring too - or so it looks with all that pink meat. How much wood did you add?[p]Tim

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Tim M, I only had a few pecan chips... when the ribs were off I added more lump and then added a layer of chips - since the lunp on top was fresh and it takes a while for the fire to reach the top lump, the chips last longer and seem to smoke more. Right after the chips, I put the bricks and the butt on the grill - the smoke comming out of the top vent lasted for about an hour.