Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Blue Cheese Burgers

CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made a couple blue cheese burgers amidst all of the recent discussions about their merit. Rubbed with salt and absolutely covered in black pepper ala JSlot. Grilled at about 450 until Medium Rare. Topped with some crumbled roquefort blue cheese for the last 30 seconds of the cook then added some thinly sliced onions, a couple of thin slices of kosher dill pickles, some of a quick swipe of Mrs. Dog's Disappearing Mustard, and a half a packet of McDonald's ketchup.[p]Man, these puppies were gooood!!! The main thing I learned in this cook is that I've waited too long in life to start highlighting blue cheese as the main topping on burgers. If you like burgers, and if you like blue cheese, you'll LOVE the two combined on Mr. BGE!!![p]Cornfed

Comments