Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Good use for rib trimmings

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't know about the rest of you, but when I barbecue ribs I always trim them first. I cut off the flap from the bottom (which aids in membrane removal) and the boneless pieces on the end. I used to just throw them away, or rub them, put them on a piece of foil and put them in with the ribs for a snack.[p]I recently came up with a good idea for these trimmings - make kabobs from them. It's very simple. Put them in a ziploc bag or bowl with your favorite marinade, marinate them overnight, put them on swekers and cook them. I did some last night that I marinated in cider vinegar, hoison sauce, garlic powder onion powder, black and white pepper and brown sugar. I smoked that for about and hour nad a half at aaround 250. They turned out great! So, next time you do ribs, save those trimmings for a simple treat!

Comments