Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Good use for rib trimmings

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't know about the rest of you, but when I barbecue ribs I always trim them first. I cut off the flap from the bottom (which aids in membrane removal) and the boneless pieces on the end. I used to just throw them away, or rub them, put them on a piece of foil and put them in with the ribs for a snack.[p]I recently came up with a good idea for these trimmings - make kabobs from them. It's very simple. Put them in a ziploc bag or bowl with your favorite marinade, marinate them overnight, put them on swekers and cook them. I did some last night that I marinated in cider vinegar, hoison sauce, garlic powder onion powder, black and white pepper and brown sugar. I smoked that for about and hour nad a half at aaround 250. They turned out great! So, next time you do ribs, save those trimmings for a simple treat!

Comments