Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Valentines day

Options
bucky925
bucky925 Posts: 2,029
I'm taking Mrs. Bucky to http://www.paulsfineitaliandining.com in Winston-Salem Wednesday.  I egg quite often and we wanted to get out of town so to speak.  
Anyone want to share your plans?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    What do guys want most for Valentines Day?? "For it to go away!"

Off course, since Valentines Day is a month before Steak and BJ Day, you can always hope  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Netflix and chill. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I haven’t been home for a Valentine’s Day in like 5 years- somehow I am still married :)

Greensboro, NC
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Loathe going out on Valentines Day proper, places are overbooked, people don’t realize that they can’t take 4 hours for their dinner, service and cooking generally suffer.

I’ll be cooking duck breast, with cauliflower rice and Brussels sprouts sautéed with shallot and bacon.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I send mariachi to serenade her at work.

She gets a kick  out of it. Her co-workers are jealous that she has such a cool husband. And I bank points for all the times I fvck up the rest of the year. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    White Castle. I'm serious 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    If we go out it will be Saturday, I agree Valentines Day is a zoo. Reservations almost impossible to get and food/service suffers. I am leaning towards just cooking on the BGE. We can eat delicious food that we want, and put a dent in our wine/beer cellar stash!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    We will be going out for a late lunch around 2 ish,  followed by a massage, and then wine and cheese in the hot tub
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Taking her to Chicago for the weekend to stay on the Mag Mile and go shopping/dining.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Been a long time since I’ve been to Pauls
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    100 balloons for each kid in their room after they went to sleep.

dinner is their request, waffles with homemade whipped cream and strawberry sauce.
    Neat idea. Bet they’ll love it. Is it safe to say you’re full of hot air? That’s a lot balloons to blow!
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Grilled mahi mahi, at home.  This is the worst night to go out to dinner - poor service, poorly cooked food, crowds...  No, thanks.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Grilled mahi mahi, at home.  This is the worst night to go out to dinner - poor service, poorly cooked food, crowds...  No, thanks.
    It’s bad but not nearly as bad as going out to dinner on NYE. Some servers/cooks would rather be out with a significant other on V Day but every one of them would rather be partying on NYE than working. 
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Tonight's dinner: Filets with Asparagus and Fingerling Potatoes. My day, and when I get home tonight, will determine whether they are cooked on the Egg or in cast iron. Oh and the weather...cause we are supposed to get a lot of rain.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Going to a college basketball game.  Unlimited popcorn, nachos, and beer/wine for two hours before the game.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Taking her to Chicago for the weekend to stay on the Mag Mile and go shopping/dining.
    Nice.  Where you staying @YEMTrey ?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    They shouldn't have put valentine's right after mardi gras (not that we observe it much anyway).

SRF tritip tonight with roasted fingerlings and asparagus and a nice bottle of wine.  Simple but good.
    NOLA
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Going to make homemade chicken parm and marinara sauce.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options

Another romantic candle lit dinner at White Castle this year. I'm such a hopeless romantic. My wife is so lucky! ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Beer and chicken wings off the egg  :)
    Jacksonville FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Heart shaped pizza 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Sous vide ribeyes, instant pot au gratin taters and roasted broccoli in the oven. Akorn Jr will have the searing duties. (Eggs still not at new house). Also a bottle of local red wine, probably two

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Please excuse the fine China, was in a rush tonight. I wasn’t ready for the back and forth it took to cook. Burnt my fingertips too, all for love...

Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Went with Brussel sprouts, red onions and red peppers in the CI.   Cedar plank salmon. One with old bay and lemon, the other with a mustard, honey and dash of balsamic glaze.  Dessert was S’mores Girl Scout cookies, which have to be made with cocaine, no time for pictures when those come out.

Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Me and my lady went out last night to the pappadeaux restaurant...I loathe going out tonight in the hoopla as well..

Tonight we are egging Ribeyes and baking potatoes ..exchanging gifts...then "chilling"
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Well, I took the advice of the forum brethren  and took the wifey out last night.  
    Today was going to be ultra busy anyhow.  Got my Mom home from rehab and settled inm then reheated leftover burgers I grilled Monday.  They were good.  We got our valentine day's "business" done yesterday and it was a stress free day for all.   Prayers for the students in FL. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YEMTrey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Courtyard on Ontario.
    Steve 

• saluki2007
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Courtyard on Ontario.
    Nice, right next to the Garrett's.  There is a place block west of there called Timothy O'Toole's.  Great beer selection, wings, and bloody Mary/Mimosa Bar.  It's my goto place to watch Football.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    Options

Yep, you got it.  Garrett’s next door, parking garage attached to the hotel and a Starbucks in the lobby.

Funny you mention it.  Made the girls go to O’Toole’s last year for an early lunch.  Found it on google maps for a close place to grab a beer and wind down. They did have a good beer selection.

Steve