Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fritacos

Options
mEGG_My_Day
mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
edited January 2018 in EggHead Forum
I was thinking of making these for a Super Bowl party.  I did a trial run and they were a big hit with my drinking buddies.  A bit red neck, but WTF, they tasted good.

I don't have a plated pic - they were topped with sour cream.

Here is the recipe:

https://books.google.com/books?id=gLCTBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA93&lpg=PA93&dq=fritacos&source=bl&ots=R2mp2EGctK&sig=g2bYnyhBfFReN9uCJHOE80V69o0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi49dHc8vvYAhVDbK0KHSOHBAQQ6AEwGXoECA8QAQ

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    You get two thumbs up from me. Awesome looking and I’m sure tasting. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I would eat 87 of em
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I have that book, and like lots of the recipes in it, including this one. It is one of my favorites. I have also made it with Tostitos Scoops, which have a slightly better shape for filling. His bourbon pecan pie is great, too.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options
    Yno said:
    I have that book, and like lots of the recipes in it, including this one. It is one of my favorites. I have also made it with Tostitos Scoops, which have a slightly better shape for filling. His bourbon pecan pie is great, too.
    I have that book also - I highly recommend it to anyone new to cooking on the egg - in addition to recipes, the book does a good job explaining getting to and maintaining temperature.
    Memphis, TN 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I would eat 87 of em
    Lightweight.  87 of them is a good appetizer portion.  The entree had better taste better than these (not an easy task) or I'd never move on.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks great. I had totally forgotten about those. People used to call them stuffed fritos back in the day. Used the search button and looks like the last time I made those was back in 2011. Thanks for reminding me about them.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    That looks outstanding.  Every year for SB I make buffalo chicken dip (served with Fritos scoops).  You've inspired me to consider changing it up -- maybe I fill the scoops with the dip, add jalapeno on top.  #effort  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I would eat 87 of em
    I bet you could do 88
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    I forgot all about this cook.  Last i had them was at a Salado Eggfest.  Kari and John cooked them all day long and they dissappeared as fast as she could plate them.  May make a chorizo version for next months BBQ Bash. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options
    For those interested, the recipe linked produced between 55 and 60 stuffed fritos (scoops sized)
    Memphis, TN