Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time doing Beef ribs, will be doing this again ASAP!

Options
Not sure how I've never cooked beef ribs before, but I never have. This is one of the easier items to cook.

I trimmed them well and then dry brined them for about 4 hours, next time will do overnight.

Then added Meat Church Holy Cow rub.

Set Egg to 285 indirect with 4 pecan chunks. Cooked around 5'sh hours, took them off when probe felt like probing butter, temp was around 200F.

So simple will be doing this ASAP, I got a feeling my baby back ribs will be staying in the freezer for a long time.

1 Large BGE & 1 Mini-Max BGE (Smokey & the Bandit) +  1 custom Challenger cart for their home. Kick Ash Basket & Igrill2, and cast iron inside for finishing reverse sears.

Comments

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Mighty fine job. Did you share one of those beauties with the dog???
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • ImmersionFD
    Options
    Heck no!  I only made 2 ribs, rookie mistake but did let him chew on the bone after I had cleaned it of all the meat.
    1 Large BGE & 1 Mini-Max BGE (Smokey & the Bandit) +  1 custom Challenger cart for their home. Kick Ash Basket & Igrill2, and cast iron inside for finishing reverse sears.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    Great cook and result.  Congrats.
    I'm with you regarding beef ribs.  They beat their pork cousins every time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Very nice. I feel kinda bad for your dog though! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Looking good - love beef ribs
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Those look great.  See if you can get your next ones uncut - I think they cook better than individual ribs.

Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Homerun there brother!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ImmersionFD
    Options
    Shiff said:
    Those look great.  See if you can get your next ones uncut - I think they cook better than individual ribs.

I will try that next time.
  • ImmersionFD
    Options

Very nice. I feel kinda bad for your dog though! 
    Feel sorry for me I only bought 2 ribs!
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Agreed. Easy and dee-licious. I think they are good enough that 2 Christmases ago I did 1 rib for each human, and the huskies were rewarded w. the bones. Doggies were very happy too.
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nicely done I don't think you should do them again. You should do them again and again and again and again and...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...