Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dark Beer Weather

Options
MotownVol
MotownVol Posts: 1,040
It is finally getting cooler, the wife is headed out of town with her sister for a week.   The stores are stocking up on the porters and stouts.   Something tells me I am going to have a good week.   Time to fire up the blue cheese burgers and pop the top on several for those Founders Breakfast Stouts! 
Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I love this time of year also. You will have a good week up until the Bama game. 

Back on point, not a dark beer fan myself ....but the bleu cheese burgers...perfect. Love the Octoberfest beers though....and some other great fall craft beers. Cheers!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Yessir...I want a beer I have to chew a bit before I swallow it. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    It still high 80's here in Tampa but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a good stout (indoors). Got two packs of breakfast stout and burning through my San Adams and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfests.

Throw in some blue cheese burgers and you got yourself a good time my friend, enjoy! 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    A fire is a nice Fall pairing, for any beer.
    Enjoy the break. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Bleu cheese burgers deserve a Cabernet.
    Just saying.
    As a lifelong member of Neandertal mouth breathing, knuckle draggers, even we know the time is right.
    Drink a few for me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I love this time of year also. You will have a good week up until the Bama game. 

=)=)=)=)

Might as well be beer drinking weather in Tennessee...it sure as sh!t hasn't been College football weather. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

=)=)=)=)

Might as well be beer drinking weather in Tennessee...it sure as sh!t hasn't been College football weather. 
    Just be thankful the Vols did not have to dress out in those gator uniforms Florida used vs TAMU. Getting your asz kicked in clown suits would really take the morale a few more flights down.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Imperial Stout in the fermenter... should be ready for Thanksgiving!!

Love the Founders!

"Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore!"
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Just bottled a stout and an imperial stout the other week so that they will be ready for when the colder weather hits Texas. Gotta plan ahead when you brew your own so they are ready in time.

Finally found a place that has Lefthand Milk Stout. Might try one of those tonight.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Focker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    At 5 hours, Grand Rapids is definitely on the beer run radar for 2018.  Surly, Summit too.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Give me a fire and a Bourbon County Stout in my hands and I'm a happy man.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Never had a Bourbon county stout, but it's the highest rated beer on Untapped. I'd be pretty happy with that as well 
  • YEMTrey
    Options

@CigarCityEgger if you are ever up this way you have an open invite to the house and we’ll drink a few Bourbon County stouts.  Same goes for any Eggers.  

If you’re on UNTAPPD, hit me up: UnclePhish

Steve 

• Focker
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Amen brother.  Next month.  B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

@CigarCityEgger if you are ever up this way you have an open invite to the house and we’ll drink a few Bourbon County stouts.  Same goes for any Eggers.  

If you’re on UNTAPPD, hit me up: UnclePhish

Sounds awesome, just sent you a request on Untappd
  • RiverRatSkier
    Options
    Focker said:
    At 5 hours, Grand Rapids is definitely on the beer run radar for 2018.  Surly, Summit too.

Surly Darkness day is this weekend.  There will be a little egg there Friday evening waiting in line for Saturday morning....
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Have this Darkness print framed and hanging in the basement:

Steve 

• MotownVol
    Options

Back on point, not a dark beer fan myself ....but the bleu cheese burgers...perfect. Love the Octoberfest beers though....and some other great fall craft beers. Cheers!

I am like SmokeyPitt, I like them thick enough to chew.  

Football suck.  Enough said.

Night number one is pretty good.   I have had the Jason Isbell version of Whipping Post rocking the houses in the neighborhood.   I am getting to be an old ****, but I'm not too old for some great loud rock and roll.
  • MotownVol
    Options
    I just finished off so New Holland Dragon's Milk and it was pretty mean.   I liked the Founders better.
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Coming home from work today I picked up some Oskar Blues Ten fidy. Never had it before but looking forward to trying a new stout 
  • DirtyMingusMcGee
    Options
    Just picked up my first Terrapin Moo Hoo stout of the season. Moo Hoo woo hoo!
    Located deep in the heart of the Dirty South...
  • yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Options
    @Griffin ... I live in Longmont,CO.. Lefthand HQ anyway did you get the Nitro or the standard Milk stout ? I prefer the standard but most like the Nitro 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

The avatar change.....wasn't ready for that. Almost didn't recognize you my friend.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mtasker
    mtasker Posts: 88
    Options
    my stock.....Sumatra mountain brown, bourbon county, dragon's milk reserve, and KBS.  I'm set for cooler weather.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Founder's for breakfast is way better than a bowl of Quaker oats!

Ever have any Bell's 3rd Coast Old Ale? Perfect for short dark days, and longer dark nights.
  • RiverRatSkier
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

That was a good year.

I am still sitting on a full vertical ('07-'16 with some '17 on the way Saturday).  One of these days, I should figure out what to do with it.  It's getting so big, it will take one hell of a party to do the full vertical.

Seriously though, if anyone reading this is there this weekend and you see a small green egg, that is probably me.  Come say hi and grab some food.

• YEMTrey
    Options

@northGAcock I know.  I’ve caught myself off guard going back to threads that I’m involved in and looking for my old avatar.  Underestimated how much of my online identity was tied to that.  May have to change it back…….

Steve 

• YEMTrey
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @RiverRatSkier I had '08, '09, and '10.  Stopped my beer trading since and haven't had anything newer.  Those were some good ole days!
    Say high to Omar and the gang for me.
    Steve 

• RiverRatSkier
    Options
    I will attempt to remember to say hi for you.  I am certain he will know Steve from Cinci.
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Haha.  Omar won't remember me.  Just a fan of what he's built there. 
    Steve