Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Cleaver and pulled chix-sequel (the last of the series)

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,462
Ever since @Mattman3969 surfaced his pulled chix recipe I have been wanting to give it a go.  Seems like whenever the chix is queued up the cook time-frame collapses and I have to run at the normal 350-400*F and get it finished in around an hour.  Dodged that bullet today.  Also, found a @SGH chix cook that ran for around 11 hours at 200*F.  Decided to split the difference; ~ 200*F (LBGE rock steady down there) and around 8 hours for the cook.  The @gmac super sharp Cleaver (#38) was the instrument of choice to perform surgery on what was once a whole chix.  A few pics of the whole deal: 

Game on:

And the cleaver pose:

Definitely a juicy outcome but I believe I can get  close enough with a one-hour spatch bird.  The cook was fun and no worries as the LBGE cruised along.  Thanks for looking.
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments