Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuesday Night Cook

Options
NY Strip rubbed with southern flavor.  indirect @ 250 till 125. I was planning on reverse sear but the Temp climbed on me towards the end. So i just left it till 125. However this was very good but very different. I kinda liked it. 

Huntsville, Al LBGE

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Looks good to me. I'm a big fan of the Southern Flavor Seasoning
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Looks great!  I've never heard of that seasoning, but the way it looks on the meat reminds me of something I used a long time ago and liked, at the time, called Char-Broil, I think it was -- supposed to enhance the crust on a steak.  I liked it, but I've learned a lot about grilling steaks since then, and I don't know whether I'd like it today or not.

Your steak looks great!
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Looks great!  I've never heard of that seasoning, but the way it looks on the meat reminds me of something I used a long time ago and liked, at the time, called Char-Broil, I think it was -- supposed to enhance the crust on a steak.  I liked it, but I've learned a lot about grilling steaks since then, and I don't know whether I'd like it today or not.

Your steak looks great!
    It performs the same way, if you cook direct unlike what I did. Hahaha. I've tried a lot of things. I come back to this every single time. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE