Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First go at turbo ribs

Options
Turned out pretty great. They were on about two hours at 350. No foil or spray. Will do again. 

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Beautiful looking ribs. Two hours at 350F? When did you sauce them? What rub did you use?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    looks like they tasted great!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Those look great.  I have done turbo ribs multiple time also. The family and friends seem to like them.   YukonRon, I have used the Dizzy Pig rubs, 3 little pigs rub, Uncle Kenny's BBQ rub and some others when doing turbo ribs.  I sauce after the 2 hour until the sauce is set.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Picture perfect!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Beautiful looking ribs. Two hours at 350F? When did you sauce them? What rub did you use?
    Thanks Ron. Used Steve Raichlen's basic BBQ rub for them. It's my go-to and is really excellent. I sauced in the last 30 minutes or so. Personally, I love saucing repeatedly in layers in order to get that sticky caramelized finish. 

The smaller rack cooked a little more le more thoroughly than the bigger one and was therefore a little more tender. It was approaching fall-of-the-bone territory in the best possible way (for my tastes anyway). The bigger rack had a little more bite and chew to it. 

All in all, was really happy with the results.