Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rich Bayless + BGE

Options
berndcrisp
berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
edited March 2017 in EggHead Forum

On "Mexico one Plate at a Time" Rich grilled octopus on an Egg.

Total 'EGG' time was about 5 seconds.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    Is this Rick Bayless you speak of?
    He's a great Mexican food chef.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    He's taken some real nice pictures of other people's cooks!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    thetrim said:
    You're thinking of Raichlen, no?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    thetrim said:
    At least you didn't sugar coat it!! B)
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    He made his bones in his families BBQ restaurant. Good guy. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rick B is Rick B.  APLish, building flavors, some are full blown projects.  That dish looked sooo good.

His recent locally televised shows have showcased the egg.
    I wrote down his poc chuc, where he tossed an ernyin in the lump, marinated thin, salted, loin in lime and oj, grilled, and placed on a bed of cabbage, topped with the ernyin, avocado, tomato.  
    http://www.rickbayless.com/img_3335-2/

Dude is an absolute beast around a live fire.  The utmost respect for Rick B, definitely in my top 5 chefs.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    I hope he's not related to Skip.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Yep

Little Rock, AR

• Carolina Q
    Options
    =)

Brothers

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    Options
    Well, sh!t.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    =)

Brothers
    LMAO I honestly had no idea but it's true.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    =)

Brothers
    I had to look that up. Crazy. Rick must have got more attention growing up being the little brother. This explains Skip perfectly
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Y'all didn't believe me! LOL. I thought everyone knew. One widely respected, the other, a complete jackass.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I could see Rick cooking a perfect Turkey on Thanksgiving, and Skip at the dinner table telling him Tim Tebow could do a better job.

With the gene card out as an excuse, makes me dislike Skimp even more. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Focker said:
    ...makes me dislike Skimp even more. 
    You have a ways to go to catch up with Aikman. :rofl:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Yes.  You're right.   Sorry Rick!  Please don't sue me for defamation!   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Y'all didn't believe me! LOL. I thought everyone knew. One widely respected, the other, a complete jackass.
    Understatement of the year on Skip.  I used to pray for a meteor strike at ESPN studios when he was on First Take with Stephen A.   Either one of them are terrible in isolation.  Both at once was like a Molotov cocktail of asinine.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Understatement of the year on Skip.  I used to pray for a meteor strike at ESPN studios when he was on First Take with Stephen A.   Either one of them are terrible in isolation.  Both at once was like a Molotov cocktail of asinine.
    Never understood how First Take stayed on the air. As for the meteor, please, no. Bristol is only 30 miles away! =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Never understood how First Take stayed on the air. As for the meteor, please, no. Bristol is only 30 miles away! =)
    LOL.  I was just thinking about a fairly small one, roughly the same size as the First Take studio, give or Take.