Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Menard's RO sale

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
buried in today's flyer is RO tan & green bags for $4.99 - says 8 pounder, but I assume it's the normal 8.8 pounder unless RO whacked us again! 
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I still "grill" with RO from time to time. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    SGH said:
    I still "grill" with RO from time to time. 

Lol... Do you have an after picture?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    Picture on Menards website of this bag shows 8# 
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    @RRP They are 8lbs now
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    I miss the pallet buys of $3 ea 10 lb green bags.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    Options
    Focker said:
    and that was WHEN???
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2017
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    and that was WHEN???
    Around Easter. Menard's has now put limits, and rebates, on bags the last several years.
    Not worth the hassle IMO.  Wally World $9 and change 17lbers are the best deal going.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    edited March 2017
    Options

Haters can hate but this is all I use since I finally ran out of OO. Normally stock up with 400 - 500 pounds when they were 4.88 for an 8.8 pound bag. When does the sale start as I was at Menards and checked and they were $5.75 for green RO bags. Didn't pay attention that they reduced the size by 10% and off course marked up the bags.

Edit: They even got rid of the $2 per bag rebate - that really stinks!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• RRP
    Options

Haters can hate but this is all I use since I finally ran out of OO. Normally stock up with 400 - 500 pounds when they were 4.88 for an 8.8 pound bag. When does the sale start as I was at Menards and checked and they were $5.75 for green RO bags. Didn't pay attention that they reduced the size by 10% and off course marked up the bags.

Edit: They even got rid of the $2 per bag rebate - that really stinks!

Flyer was in our paper Sunday and the masthead of it says "Sale Prices Good Sunday, march26 Through Sunday April 9, 2017". What was pictured on page 26 was that two-toned tan and green style bag with cowboys sitting around a campfire eating beans and passing gas...
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Photo taken today at Menards in Davison, Mich.  The normal shelf sign says 8.8# while the bags are 8#.  Total confession time.  I bought six bags and would have bought more, but the budget queen was with me.

Flint, Michigan
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    So does anyone know what the difference is between the red and green bags? I had a terrible bag with the green I tried and had better luck with the red. Royal Oak is not my first choice for lump, but I would buy the red again if in a pinch.
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP
    Options
    Personally I have never noticed any difference between red, green and the two toned tan and green bags. Not sure why there are different colors though so there must be some reason. Only difference I ever saw was with the blue RO bags as those were printed with both English and French and came from a hi-jacked pallet headed for Canada.
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this only is $0.60 Discount per bag?
  • RRP
    Options
    I think you are correct! Doing the algebra $4.99 equates to $5.59 at their popular 11% off sale.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,402
    Options
    No issues with RO if all I'm looking for are BTU's.  Just burned a good amount for a paella cook (LBGE).  Must say that the sparking was impressive but since the cook involves significant operator intervention I was more than a casual observer.   So it worked out well.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    So does anyone know what the difference is between the red and green bags? I had a terrible bag with the green I tried and had better luck with the red. Royal Oak is not my first choice for lump, but I would buy the red again if in a pinch.
    The only difference is the "Green" bag is for Menards since they are green for their color of store merchandise.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe