Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unique Snacks: Okra Chips.....and Salt and Pepper Cashews..If you have not tried either.....don't..

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
.......because both of them are habit forming. On a serious note, if you are a good southerner and have not tried Okra Chips, you need to take the plunge. There are a killa snack. 

As for the Salt and Pepper Cashews, try these.....
 I don't rep for either....just been enjoying something a little different lately.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I have not tried either, but will keep an eye out for them.  A while back Target's food brand had dill pickle flavored cashews.  As gross as that sounds, they were delicious.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I have tried the cashews and they are great.  I have not tried the Okra chips...but I have tried pickled Okra which is great. Also pickled asparagus. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Not with either of the above, but did find Costco's salt and pepper pistachios.  Doing some daily damage with those.  Figure opening the shells is a good counter-balance exercise  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Not with either of the above, but did find Costco's salt and pepper pistachios.  Doing some daily damage with those.  Figure opening the shells is a good counter-balance exercise  ;)
    Be careful Lou....don't over exert yourself. Save that dexterity for opening malted beverages. :o

• Color_My_World_Green
    Options
    I have tried the okra chips. I agree, they are addicting. 
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I've been noshing on those a lot lately, too.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Those okra chips are good, but they leave a weird aftertaste IMO. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Okra chips, huh??  Never saw them.  I like chips, and I like okra. Sounds like a winner to me!

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    These are good too:

I swear they sprinkle crack on them. I can't stop eating them. They have a bunch of other flavors too. I've tried the Sriracha Ranch which have a nice kick. They also have Dill pickle, Jalapeño, and a bunch of other flavors I need to try. Just started carrying them in our local HT but I've been able to get them at the Piggly Wiggly at the beach for the past couple years. 

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • northGAcock
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Okra chips, huh??  Never saw them.  I like chips, and I like okra. Sounds like a winner to me!

Yep....look in the bulk nuts, fruits, candy etc. It's like $15 bucks a pound.....but rest easy, they are real light. You would get a butt load with a half a pound. 

• northGAcock
    Options
    These are good too:

I swear they sprinkle crack on them. I can't stop eating them. They have a bunch of other flavors too. I've tried the Sriracha Ranch which have a nice kick. They also have Dill pickle, Jalapeño, and a bunch of other flavors I need to try. Just started carrying them in our local HT but I've been able to get them at the Piggly Wiggly at the beach for the past couple years. 

Haven't had the pecans. I have had S&P peanuts, but not as good as the cashews. Will have to try some pecans. Will be up in CLT Saturday for a funeral....will def hit a HT.

• northGAcock
    Options
    :o Dyal_SC said:
    Yeah....like the taste of okra   :o

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    These are good too:

I get the diamond almonds variety. I can't stop once started.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I will be looking for both. Thank you for the insight.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options
    :o Dyal_SC said:
    Yeah....like the taste of okra   :o
    A lot of people are turned off by okra because of the slime factor, such as in soups.  A good alternative to frying is to grill them.  Just brush with olive oil, add a little salt and pepper and toss them on the egg.  No slime, and delicious.
    Raleigh, NC