Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Brisket With Two Rubs - The Movie

Options
I've had a touch of cabin fever and a really strong desire to cook a brisket. So yesterday I put on a 12 hour prime brisket using two different flavors: It's My Rub's Power Blend and Garlic & Pepper seasoning from Simply Texas here in Spring. 

We had some for dinner tonight. 

It turned out to be my best brisket ever and I just had to share it with everyone. Well not share 'it' but share the photos I took of 'it.' 

If you stop by this weekend there's some left. Only because we're on diets around here. 

Take a look. 

https://youtu.be/45nmDykrlIM 

Spring "I'm Still Learning But Learning Good" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Great video and even better result.  Killer bark.  Nailed it.  Thanks for sharing.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Wow!!!  wow!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Shineristhewiser
    Options
    Chicken Ranch looks like the place to be!! I just showed your setup to my wife. I'm digging it! Cheers from Lufkin.
  • deadlyfrog
    Options
    Great video and cook. Makes my mouth water! Nice to read some good BGE info. rather then all the non-BGE BS of late.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Chicken Ranch looks like the place to be!! I just showed your setup to my wife. I'm digging it! Cheers from Lufkin.
    Thanks.  You can take your wife on the tour by clicking on this link:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWXdGDyfTA8&t=6s

Or y'all can come visit in person.  Maybe tie it in with the Space City Eggfest on May 20th.  It's going to be a lot of fun.

Spring "Wanna See My Kitchen" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Great video. But it made me really sad. 

The whole time I heard the music I felt like I had just lost a dark haired senorita and I was riding off in the sunset alone. Brisket shouldn't make you so sad. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Great video. But it made me really sad. 

The whole time I heard the music I felt like I had just lost a dark haired senorita and I was riding off in the sunset alone. Brisket shouldn't make you so sad. 
    I was sad for the fine cow that produced such a fine brisket.  The music was selected because it was also pining for the cow, although it didn't know exactly why.

Spring "Pining Around The Roses With A Pocket Full Of Posies" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA