Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Just Got The Call

Options
I just got off the phone with Tyler from SF and we firmed up my build list. He will be sending me a final quote in the next day or so, and pick up is scheduled for 18FEB. 

Here is my build list:

- 30x80 elevated straight back cabinet model with insulated fire box
- 3rd grate in chamber, bottom grate has eye bolts at each of the 4 corners
- 6' wide trailer
- Rotated warmer
- SS shelf in front of warmer and chamber
- Dual propane burners, tank holder, and griddle top
- Wood basket
- Both dampers
- 3 grates in warmer
- Remote grease drain
- SS cool touch handles
- Diamond plate fenders
- Mounted spare
- Personalized logo
- Hip roof on warmer
- Sausage hangers
- 6 probe inserts (4 on chamber, 2 on warmer)
- 3 Tel-Tru ports (2 on chamber, 1 on warmer)
- 24x72" SS table in front of chamber across width of trailer, with grease trough for pulling pigs, prep, etc
- Tandem axles with trailer brakes each axle
- Locking storage with doors under pig pulling table
- Davit/hand winch assembly for moving whole pig from SS shelf in front of chamber to SS pig pulling table. (Allows one person to move the pig by themselves)

I am so pumped I can't stand it. I also can't say enough about how great dealing with the boys at Shirley Fab has been. I first started talking to Tyler about this back in November 2015, and he has never once lost patience with all of the emails, changes, etc. 

If you are in the market for a wood fired RF smoker, give Tyler a call. The only downside is the current 12 month wait, which is a nice problem for the SF boys to have.
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Congrats!!! Sounds like a great setup. Pictures when it's done!!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Holy cow that's gonna be one heck of a cooker!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Damn!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    What? Did you just skip adding the optional urinal at the rear hidden by the spare tire? JK - sounds awesome!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice, have any prototype drawings or pictures so we don't have to think about the specs?
    Options
    What a rig description.  Very much looking forward to the in-process and final pics.  No you've gotta buy a serious hauler...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Make sure you hitch is secure.  @thatgrimguy learned it can be a point of failure.
    Options
    That's a heckofa nice rig you have on the way. Are you planning to drive down to pick it up?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    How are you going to sleep tonight?? Or for the next 3weeks? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Now I'm here in Atlanta by the airport.  Come on down and we can pick it up and store it at my house until yall warm up enough up there to use it properly!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    What's that beauty going to weigh?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    All that and no bottle opener. :disappointed: 
    That's gonna be one functional powerhouse rig!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Love it!  Can't wait to see it!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    DMW said:
    That's a heckofa nice rig you have on the way. Are you planning to drive down to pick it up?
    Yup, the wife and I are going to take 2 days down and two days back, ~ 2,300 miles round trip. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

lousubcap said:
    What a rig description.  Very much looking forward to the in-process and final pics.  No you've gotta buy a serious hauler...
    My current 2010 F-250 SD will do just fine, she just went over 80K miles. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

Make sure you hitch is secure.  @thatgrimguy learned it can be a point of failure.
    Yup, I saw his post showing the cooker into the median divider on the interstate. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

HeavyG said:
    What's that beauty going to weigh?
    Tyler's initial estimate is ~ 3,000#, hence the dual axles with brakes. Once it is loaded up with wood and supplies I'd be over 3,500#. Thought about going with a single 5,200# axle, but wanted the built-in security of 4 tires in the event of a flat. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

caliking said:
    How are you going to sleep tonight?? Or for the next 3weeks? :)
    On my right side like usual.  B) I will admit that I am very stoked and sleep will probably be in short supply as we get closer. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Trip for fun?  Seems like the cost to truck it to you would be less than the hotel and gas and other expenses....I bought a Genie articulating boom lift from St. Louis about 12 years ago and it was only $600 to ship.  And it weighted over 8000 pounds. 
    Congrats. That sounds like one sweet que addition. Keep us posted on build and delivery.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • CTMike
    Options
    Trip for fun?  Seems like the cost to truck it to you would be less than the hotel and gas and other expenses....I bought a Genie articulating boom lift from St. Louis about 12 years ago and it was only $600 to ship.  And it weighted over 8000 pounds. 
    Cheapest delivery quote I got was $2200. Gas/hotels/food should be less than half of that. Also a trip for fun. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have to admit that I shamelessly stole the idea for the davit/winch from a friend at work. I helped him cook a pig for a wedding he was doing. You can see his davit in this photo just below and to the right of Old Glory. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Sounds like you are getting serious about this BBQ stuff Mike.

Congrats. Make sure you post pictures when you get it.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I just gave my monitor the "O" face...

office space o face
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    What are your intentions with this rig if you don't mind me asking?  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • CTMike
    Options
    Matt,

I am catering a wedding in June. Plan is to supplement our income doing 10-15 events/year to enable the wife to cut back on her hours at work.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Matt,

I am catering a wedding in June. Plan is to supplement our income doing 10-15 events/year to enable the wife to cut back on her hours at work.
    Cool deal.  You will certainly have the rig for that!  Great spousal support there!  

Good luck! 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Nice.  Now if you can somehow retrofit it with a Polonium 84 core you can cut down on wood consumption.  1 g Po = 140 watts heat.
    @CTMike    Bring it to NC Butt Blast in April!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CTMike
    Options
    @CTMike    Bring it to NC Butt Blast in April!!
    Would love to but unfortunately I will be working 72 hr weeks the entire month of April for an outage.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.