Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Baseball

Options
One of the most exciting players to put on a Royals uniform in the past decade. 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Saw that earlier on the mlb site.  True tragedy.  Unfortunately the invincibility of youth does catch up with a few.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sad. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Txnfireman
    Options
    Tragic. Very sad news. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Awful news.  Another talent cut short.  Shades of Jose Fernandez.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Truly tragic. Local sports spoke about his, understand it was in an auto accident.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Truly tragic. Local sports spoke about his, understand it was in an auto accident.
    Yeah, only 25. It's my understanding he was becoming a legend in the Dominican Republic.

Had all of the talent to become a absolute superstar.  Saw glimpses.  Especially in our two year world series run.  Wouldn't have won without him.

Last game I went to this year, I sat 3rd row behind home plate and he pitched lights out, hittin 103mph a few times.  Was truly fun to watch, especially when he was on.

Left behind a wife and kids. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Former MLB player Andy Marte died in a separate crash today in the Dominican also. Sad day.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Update for those who care.

The Dominican republic is reporting he was still alive after the crash, then beaten, robbed (world series ring, cash), and left for dead.

No 100% certainty yet, but those are reports.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Hopefully he didn't have any alcohol on board. Family stands to lose 20 Million if he was.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    No alcohol was found at the crash site. Toxicology reports will take a while. Unfortunately the robbery and beating reports seem to be legit. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Update for those who care.

The Dominican republic is reporting he was still alive after the crash, then beaten, robbed (world series ring, cash), and left for dead.

No 100% certainty yet, but those are reports.
    Holy cow!  Awful, just awful.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin