Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork, Pineapple, and Pumpkin

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
I got home a bit early today so I fired up the eggs. I cleaned a pie pumpkin and added a filling of 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup brown sugar, a bit of grated ginger, some cinnamon, S&P, and a few scrapes of fresh nutmeg. I put this on the egg at 375 and let it roll for about an hour (I didn't keep up). When it was tender I brought it in and scraped it all into a bowl and hit it with a stick blender. I adjusted the seasoning, then pit it back in some clay cookware and back on the egg. I wanted to let it rock along while I cooked my pork. 
The pork was simple - DP rub and grilled to IT of 150. I grilled the pineapple right along with it. The wife said she liked the pumkin - it wasn't too sweet.

Thanks for looking. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Beautiful meal Aggie 
    Snellville, GA

• SciAggie
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan Thanks. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    WOW !!!! I bet that tasted good.. Great combo..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @johnmitchel Thanks. It did pair well - and it was something different for a change. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Perfect cook. Love the presentation and the mix of textures. Always perfect.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @YukonRon Thanks my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nice!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great cook brother!  Beautiful plate!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga