Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Roger Waters and Pink Floyd OT

Options
Just scored a couple of tickets for the "US and Them" tour, scheduled May 28, 2017, at the YUM center in Louisville. That is the Sunday of the Memorial Day Weekend, just in case anyone is interested.........

We saw the Wall tour a couple years back, and if it is anything remotely close to that in quality, it should be awesome.

My Beautiful Wife and I are huge fans, got the flying pig sticker on my Yakima.

Wish you were here.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to see Pink Floyd twice on the Division Bell tour. Unbelievable experience. Best show I've ever seen. 
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    They are in Denver on June 3rd I think. Tickets went on sale. Not going myself, can't do concerts because if job risk but it might be closer for some. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to see Pink Floyd twice on the Division Bell tour. Unbelievable experience. Best show I've ever seen. 
    Regret not seeing them in Ames for that tour. 

Buddy had tix, I stayed and worked.  Used to bang chicks with that album playing on the stereo for coverup, in my room, in my parent's basement.  Good stuff.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    My computer desktop screen photo.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I'm so old, I saw the Meddle/Dark Side of the Moon tour

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    RE: the title of this thread, I don't think it's Roger Waters and Pink Floyd, just Roger Waters, NO Pink Floyd.  I'm sure it will be an AMAZING concert!  Just sayin' ...  :)

It's clear to me that he was, much as his ad says, the (main) creative genius behind Pink Floyd, and I can't say much for Pink Floyd's songs after he left.  But my favorite guy in the band was actually David Gilmour.  I think he is the guitarist who deserves to be called "Slow Hand," because his solos tend to be very slow, not flashy at all, but to me, they just SAIL.  I know Eric Clapton's a better guitarist, but I actually love listening to David Gilmour more.  And Richard Wright added a lot.  I think Pink Floyd with Roger Waters in it was vastly better than any of them after they split.  Too bad egos get so big.

Enjoy the concert -- I bet it will be amazing, and who knows whether there will ever be another tour.
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    I got tickets for the Tacoma show. Can't wait for june =)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Theophan said:
    RE: the title of this thread, I don't think it's Roger Waters and Pink Floyd, just Roger Waters, NO Pink Floyd.  I'm sure it will be an AMAZING concert!  Just sayin' ...  :)

It's clear to me that he was, much as his ad says, the (main) creative genius behind Pink Floyd, and I can't say much for Pink Floyd's songs after he left.  But my favorite guy in the band was actually David Gilmour.  I think he is the guitarist who deserves to be called "Slow Hand," because his solos tend to be very slow, not flashy at all, but to me, they just SAIL.  I know Eric Clapton's a better guitarist, but I actually love listening to David Gilmour more.  And Richard Wright added a lot.  I think Pink Floyd with Roger Waters in it was vastly better than any of them after they split.  Too bad egos get so big.

Enjoy the concert -- I bet it will be amazing, and who knows whether there will ever be another tour.
    I know and agree, but, that was the way it was billed, for the early purchase we participated in, as members of our public radio station. When our tickets arrive, I will check. Either way, My Beautiful Wife and I will be there, floor seats. Can't wait.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    At their ages, and being one step from a nursing home, Brit Floyd is the better show IMO.  As a cover band, they do it all, right.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Focker said:
    At their ages, and being one step from a nursing home, Brit Floyd is the better show IMO.  As a cover band, they do it all, right.  
    So far I have been to several cover shows, and none have been bad, actually. For me, at least for the bands I have seen, met or exceeded my expectations......

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Theophan said:

Clapton called Gilmour "the guitarist's guitarist".

Steve 

Caledon, ON