Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

20 Years of BGE Ownership!

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
edited October 2016 in EggHead Forum
I can't believe it, but since I saved the receipt, I guess it's true!

Wow! Those years flew by!

I bought this (my first Large Egg) at a home show, never seeing the Egg in action, or tasting any food cooked on it. I pretty much taught myself everything about cooking on it. I rigged up most of my own eggcessories, since they didn't have any back then, not even a platesetter.

I have traveled to Canada, New Hampshire, Cincinnati, N. Georgia and Atlanta to attend eggfests, plus the Florida ones. I don't think there is a question I can't answer about cooking on the BGE.

I never knew it would become such a big part of my life, but it sure has. Now most of my friends and family have Eggs. Any holiday or dinner party that I throw will have major BGE cooking going on with several Eggs cooking at the same time. 

It is impossible to measure how much this BGE ownership has impacted my life. Besides all the great food I have cooked, I have met the NICEST people, and have many Eggheads that I call friends. 

I accidentalley happened into this cooking/Egging lifestyle and I am so happy that I went to the home show that day.

Egg On, my friends!!
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments