Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A roll of fire starters

Options
I was sitting...somewhere...reading the forum when I looked over and inspiration struck. Similar to @fishlessman 's coffee can of starters, but using a roll of TP instead. 

I used a cheap squeeze bottle to apply.  I would estimate about 1/4 cup of oil. 

Let it sit for 24 hours and the oil soaks in.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You are definitely trying to start some $hit.....behave yourself.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    edited October 2016
    Options
    That's awesome. 

Does is also make the paper softer such that if one used it for its originally intended purpose it would be less abrasive but still strong enough to do the job?  I'm just thinking about multipurposing it on a camping trip.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    You are definitely trying to start some $hit.....behave yourself.
    Unused TP only.  Otherwise, you would indeed be starting some $hit. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That's awesome. 

Does is also make the paper softer such that if one used it for its originally intended purpose it would be less abrasive but still strong enough to do the job?  I'm just thinking about multipurposing it on a camping trip.
    :smirk: After a night of too much beer drinking I think it could prove useful.  

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Too much time on your hands?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Clever brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    This thread should be on a friday

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That's awesome. 

Baby wipes are awesome for camping/fishing/hunting trips. If you let the baby wipe dry out, it is really good for starting a campfire.
    Video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_CQfnu_Q08

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.