Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

A roll of fire starters

I was sitting...somewhere...reading the forum when I looked over and inspiration struck. Similar to @fishlessman 's coffee can of starters, but using a roll of TP instead. 

I used a cheap squeeze bottle to apply.  I would estimate about 1/4 cup of oil. 

Let it sit for 24 hours and the oil soaks in.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 5,312
    You are definitely trying to start some $hit.....behave yourself.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Med & MiniMax & now a 17" Blackstone

Nothing left to do but smile, smile smile.

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,431
    edited October 2016
    That's awesome. 

Does is also make the paper softer such that if one used it for its originally intended purpose it would be less abrasive but still strong enough to do the job?  I'm just thinking about multipurposing it on a camping trip.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,003
    You are definitely trying to start some $hit.....behave yourself.
    Unused TP only.  Otherwise, you would indeed be starting some $hit. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,003
    Foghorn said:
    That's awesome. 

Does is also make the paper softer such that if one used it for its originally intended purpose it would be less abrasive but still strong enough to do the job?  I'm just thinking about multipurposing it on a camping trip.
    :smirk: After a night of too much beer drinking I think it could prove useful.  

• THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 3,438
    Too much time on your hands?
    Suwanee, GA
    UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 8,808
    Clever brother!
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,613
    This thread should be on a friday

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• ToxarchToxarch Posts: 1,276
    Foghorn said:
    That's awesome. 

Baby wipes are awesome for camping/fishing/hunting trips. If you let the baby wipe dry out, it is really good for starting a campfire.
    Video I found:

Fort Worth, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.