Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT--Post Season Baseball

Options
Here we go!!!  Even Year equals torture Giants Baseball heading towards another World Series.  The Dodgers are going to regret not eliminating us this weekend!
Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I just hope that they keep hitting & not swatting at the damn ball.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    With this team this year......I'll take swats or hits......nobody has a better ground attack than the Giants!

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Let's Go Mets!!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Hotwingking
    Options
    Go Mariners!!!
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Let's Go Mets!!
    See you soon!

Livermore, California
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Mets are going to lose to the Giants who will then lose to the Cubs.

My Nats will beat the Dodgers but will then lose to the Cubs.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tikigriller
    Options
    The Cubs are destined for yet another year of dissappointment. They reside in a horrible division with limited competition..much like the West.  The Nats have far too many injuries to survive a solid post season run, and the Dodgers are not a "team".  They are better than they were under Mattingly, yes, but they are still the same selfish bunch of characters.

Too much hype around the Cubs for it to come true.  The Goats are already all migrating towards Chicago as we speak.

Livermore, California
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    Lol... thank you for getting ahead of yourself and jinxing your team to lose tomorrow tiki! Go cards! Haha
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Since my team is seriously irrelevant this year, I'm pullin' for the Cubbies. Hasn't happened since 1908 though, so I doubt many on the North Side are holding their breath.

I don't think I've ever known a Mets fan. =)

As for me, R.I.P....

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tikigriller
    Options
    cheeaa said:
    Lol... thank you for getting ahead of yourself and jinxing your team to lose tomorrow tiki! Go cards! Haha
    LOL

I know I know. My team has so many flaws, and in honesty, with this second half collapse, I have given up on them so many times this year it is not even funny.  But now I believe again!!!

Livermore, California
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Unfortunately my Minnesota Twins just missed the playoffs with a 103 losses and counting. Twins or not playoff baseball is awesome! Cubs are cursed but I'll be pulling for them
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    cheeaa said:
    LOL

I know I know. My team has so many flaws, and in honesty, with this second half collapse, I have given up on them so many times this year it is not even funny.  But now I believe again!!!
    Cardinals too. They got problems. Anything can happen though! 
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Nats clinched the division 5-6 days ago. See ya'll in the postseason.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

The Tigers have tried very hard to avoid the post-season and they are on the cusp of succeeding. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I'm thinking we will see the Cubs in the Series, playing either the Sox or Rangers. I'm pulling for Big Papi to retire in style with a 4th ring. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    The Tigers are out, but I made $40.  I would rather have lost the bet and the Tigers make the playoffs , but I'll take the consolation prize.
    Flint, Michigan
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Time to head to NY!!!!

Livermore, California
  • tikigriller
    Options
    I drink "young"

Livermore, California
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options

The Tigers have tried very hard to avoid the post-season and they are on the cusp of succeeding. 
    And Yes, they have now succeeded.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Quite the day in baseball with the final call from Vin Scully.  What a main-stay across parts of seven decades.  No Dodger fan here but he definitely elevated the game.  Class from beginning to end.  A true HOF broadcaster.  
    I agree.  I couldn't always stand listening to him, but that was probably more of a Doyer thing.  I love that the Giants broadcast stepped aside for a few innings today and simulcast Vin's call.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I drink "young"

I'm surprised that they sell Fireball in Cali. 
  • tikigriller
    Options
    That was a pretty good game......I'm just sayin........

Livermore, California
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Was a good game. The Cubs will finish them off tonight tho. Hoping my Nats can do the same vs. the Dodgers today also.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tikigriller
    Options
    Probably right on both counts @HeavyG

Livermore, California
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    I drink "young"

I'm surprised that they sell Fireball in Cali. 

what is surprising is that people actually buy it. Terrible
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Love the fan with a goat mask.
    Hahahahahahaha
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• HeavyG
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Probably right on both counts @HeavyG
    Actually, wrong on both counts (at least as of11:22PMEDT). 

Which is why I don't bet on sports. :)

EDIT: May have spoken too soon. Yet another blown save for the Giants.  :o

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    No clock and 27 outs each-that's what makes it entertaining, especially in October.  Cubs & Giants two great finishes right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Haven't watched or cared much since the Braves lost their last (of many) World Series. 

And this from a guy who, as a kid, lived and breathed the Big Red Machine. 

New Albany, Ohio