Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to sell a Big Green Egg table

Options
Hello all, first post here and looking for advice please.

Where is the best place to sell an original royal mahogany table for a large egg? I have commissioned a mate to build me a table to hold both my large and mini egg, so the old table is no longer needed. I've tried Ebay, and also looked for a 'For Sale' section here, but can't see one. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Not a great first post but pictures might help.  And include a cutting board.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tom_s
    Options
    Pictures on here? Is advertising allowed?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Add your location in your signature too, so people know where you're located. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Most don't like it when someone comes in and tries to sell something their first post. You were much more appropriate and asked if it's okay or where you could. I don't mind personally. Just my opinion though. If I were you I'd post them here on your thread but you might catch some crap from others. Think about sticking around on the forum, you just might learn a thing or two. Welcome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • CamadoCeg
    Options
    Craigslist is good for this kind of thing. I bought my table there.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Location of said table and pictures are the first step.  Ya see the little black page icon with the top right corner folded down.....  That's the add media icon.  Click and add some pics to the post.  Also asking price is a good addition.

The Buffalo might roam thru on this post, since it is your first trip in the pool.  "Bullalow-ed" posts are allowed to "sink" and not take up prime real estate on the front page.  Sometimes the Buffalo will trample the post altogether and it disappears like a fart in the wind.

But welcome to the fray.  It gets fun in here, specially in the evenings on the weekends!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Smokin_Trout
    Options
    As long as you're not trying to sell something all the time you should be ok.
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    I would think it's going to end up 
    a local sale considering the size. Pics and locatons would help. Craigslist would be good as well. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    tom_s said:
    Pictures on here? Is advertising allowed?
    Sure advertising is allowed. But only on Fridays, preferably after 6pm.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I might make one suggestion. You currently own a mahogany table which will hold an egg. You have commissioned a table to be built for two eggs. Now I am not genius but it seems to me to be the perfect time to add an additional egg and fill the void in the original table. OR---put a cutting board--restaurant supply--on the table you want to sell and use it on the side for prep. You can get cutting boards almost any length.

A used egg table is a fairly common piece on craigslist and almost undoubtedly you are looking at 50% + loss. If it is still in good shape and you have the room I would keep it and repurpose. Just a thought.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    There are many local Facebook buy and sell pages. Check the area around you for something like that.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    craigslist does wonders for me

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• BilZol
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    I might make one suggestion. You currently own a mahogany table which will hold an egg. You have commissioned a table to be built for two eggs. Now I am not genius but it seems to me to be the perfect time to add an additional egg and fill the void in the original table. OR---put a cutting board--restaurant supply--on the table you want to sell and use it on the side for prep. You can get cutting boards almost any length.

A used egg table is a fairly common piece on craigslist and almost undoubtedly you are looking at 50% + loss. If it is still in good shape and you have the room I would keep it and repurpose. Just a thought.

Genius! The reason for the third egg is right there and we were missing it. 

"Honey, instead of losing so much money on the table we would come out ahead just getting another egg."

Boom, problem solved. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    BilZol said:
    Jstroke said:

"Honey, instead of losing so much money on the table we would come out ahead just getting another egg."

Boom, problem solved. 
    Where do you find these women that will agree to that logic and do they have a single sister?
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• BilZol
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    BilZol said:
    Jstroke said:

Boom, problem solved. 
    Where do you find these women that will agree to that logic and do they have a single sister?
    Move to Colorado. Shortage of real men, overrun with metrosexuals. We're at a premium and are catered to. 

Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    LOL, it's pretty simple. I pay dearly for my sins. All the rest of the time I vacuem and pull weeds and scrub floors while she stands with her hands on her hips and taps her foot
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Putterrr
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    LOL, it's pretty simple. I pay dearly for my sins. All the rest of the time I vacuem and pull weeds and scrub floors while she stands with her hands on her hips and taps her foot
    Thats all it takes for a green egg. Sweet. I'm still working off my debt for the first one 3 years ago.

cheers