Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Success!!

Options
Duuane
Duuane Posts: 65
I'm thankful to the folks on this forum for so many reasons, but today, for the information relating to cooking brisket, and the stall which will almost always happens and if reacted to poorly can ruin our cooks. Yesterday I cooked my first brisket and after 13 hours on the EGG, then rest, and FTC...I consider it an unmitigated success. My stall lasted more than 4 hours, with the IT going down 8 degrees while the dome temp stayed quite stable. Had I not read the many posts about the stall, I would have panicked and handled things badly.  Thank you eggheads for the great info and forum.  
Franklinville, Western NY

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Congrats on nailing it.  Just remember what worked for the next one.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Sounds great.... But where are the pics??   ;)
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Yea, pics or it didn't happen! =)

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Congrats. Successfully pulling off a brisket is something you can be proud of. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Posts like this represent maybe the best service this site provides.

Congrats.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Man that brisket looks awesome. Oh wait... It didn't happen :tongue:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Duuane
    Options
    I have no idea if I can get picture into this reply. If I am successful, it will be of the brisket on the BGE when I first opened it and took it off, and of whats left of the flat, point, and a few left over slices..(the latter pics were this afternoon when I took whats left from the fridge and laid them on the cutting board)    Here goes nothing http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/duuane/IMG_1755.jpghttp://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/duuane/IMG_1756.jpg
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    FIFY

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I'm no big fan of pics or a pic poster expert but I find the easiest way to get them into a post is to somehow transfer them to a main-stream computer and then select the file (use the black corner folded icon above) and go from there.
    FWIW-
    BTW- looks like a home-run.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Duuane
    Options
    Hotch What did I fail to do to get the pics to show, and not just the links
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I just separated the two links. Then went to photo bucket and copied to my camera roll. The posted from there.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Duuane
    Options
    Thank You !! I will figure it out for another time