Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

what hurts worst than buying 2 YETI 20 oz Tumblers?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
Give up already?

Losing your original 2 and having to buy 2 more to replace them since you love them so much!

Thankfully our 2 30 oz Tumblers and Colsters are safe and sound!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited June 2016
    Options
    RTIC !!

JK   I couldn't live without my super insulated cup at this point.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited June 2016
    Options
    www.rtic.com
    Yep- and if you pay for rush shipping you might have them in time to drink eggnog out of them

Greensboro, NC
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    That's hurts! Could have bought them from RTiC and been better off. I bought the 30 from wal-mart and it held ice and water on the counter For over 24 hrs and still read 32 degrees with ice still floating. 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ron, I just found the last 2 30oz Ozark Trail powdered coated black 30s for $9.74 each at a WI Dells WallyWorld, like Ben's above, strolling through getting camppground grub.  Found them on an endcap in the camping section.  They had a bunch of of SS 30s, no 20s.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    RRP said:
    Give up already?

Losing your original 2 and having to buy 2 more to replace them since you love them so much!

Thankfully our 2 30 oz Tumblers and Colsters are safe and sound!

Or having all your big ron reagan money stolen by obummer and no longer being able to afford a new tumbler?

Little Rock, AR

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This reminds me of a story when I was a kid. I must have been in 7th or 8th grade and I begged my parents for some $80-$100 pair of Nikes. I remember specifically asking my dad hoping he'd say yes. To my surprise he said yes! He would pay the $80-$100 of his hard earned money but under one condition....he got to un-stitch the Nike logo on the shoes. (No joke) Huh???!!!! What??? I thought. Needless to say I didn't get them since it wouldn't be cool without the Nike swoosh. One of the best life lessons I've learned. Look at what your really paying for. Is it the name your paying for or the actual item? Still laugh every time I think about the scenario. He was right. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    Options
    Mine was actually more painful. Back in 1954 I wanted a Hercules brand 3 speed English racer bike. My parents could not afford one, but SEARS offered their similar JC Higgins brand on a monthly installment plan and that's what they surprised me with on my 12th BD. Well 3 days later a neighborhood toughie who was 15 or 16 told me to let him take it for a ride. Well he had never ridden a bike with hand brakes and he crashed it in a deep concrete culvert. That bent the frame, the handle bars, the front wheel plus front fender...I was devastated! MY resourceful Father found a frame - actually a Hercules one for like $5 and he transferred what he could to it. 
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    Mine was actually more painful. Back in 1954 I wanted a Hercules brand 3 speed English racer bike. My parents could not afford one, but SEARS offered their similar JC Higgins brand on a monthly installment plan and that's what they surprised me with on my 12th BD. Well 3 days later a neighborhood toughie who was 15 or 16 told me to let him take it for a ride. Well he had never ridden a bike with hand brakes and he crashed it in a deep concrete culvert. That bent the frame, the handle bars, the front wheel plus front fender...I was devastated! MY resourceful Father found a frame - actually a Hercules one for like $5 and he transferred what he could to it. 
    Never thought about it until right now, but I guess at 12 years old I was riding a "rat rod"  before the term was invented! BTW that toughie was illigimate, dropped out of school at 15 and had a meaningless job working on a road crew when he was creamed at age 20 by a 18 wheeler. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @RRP ... was your CDL license current back then?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I use to have a Honda 2000 generator until tailgate buddy left it at the park. Still bummin on that one.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    I want to try a Yeti. I have the RTIC 30 Oz that I ordered from CGS when I ordered my AR and I couldn't be happier. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    I use to have a Honda 2000 generator until tailgate buddy left it at the park. Still bummin on that one.
    Now that, is a tragedy. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    That's hurts! Could have bought them from RTiC and been better off. I bought the 30 from wal-mart and it held ice and water on the counter For over 24 hrs and still read 32 degrees with ice still floating. 

if there's ice in it, it'll always be at 32

phase change!
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Ron,

You do not seem like the type of person who just randomly leaves things behind--any concept of where they went missing. Eggfest? Stolen? 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Ron,

You do not seem like the type of person who just randomly leaves things behind--any concept of where they went missing. Eggfest? Stolen? 

Yup...thinking the same thing...
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I bought several of the Ozark Trail 30's and can tell they do not work as well as the Yetis. Still great for $10 but not near the same unless I just got bad ones.
  • MelSharples
    MelSharples Posts: 260
    Options
    Several Walmarts in Atlanta are selling the Mossy Oak 20 and 32oz tumblers. I've been using the 20 for a couple of months and it performs as well as my 32oz Yeti. They are hard to find as they will come in stock then quickly sell out. Can't beat the price at $10.
    LBGE 2015 - Atlanta
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options

Bought this for my husband's Yeti for $5. Not sure what I want on mine yet. Hoping it will keep them from growing legs. 
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • HondaHawk
    HondaHawk Posts: 98
    Options
    I know something worse. Having your YETI Hopper 30 taken out of your garage and RTIC wait is past my vacation this next month. Sick to my stomach. 
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Hmmm....I could understand "misplacing" a couple of cups but....

Years ago I was getting ready to go to work. Was riding a motorcycle daily. Long story short I ended up standing in my driveway, helmet/gloves & jacket on....but no bike. Was standing out there, looking around. Neighbor Bob comes walking over..."what's the matter Doug?"....Bob, you haven't seen my bike, have you. Bob walks over, puts his ear to the garage door and burst out laughing. Apparently I broke my routine somehow...and shut the garage before moving the bike out of the garage.  
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I want to try a Yeti. I have the RTIC 30 Oz that I ordered from CGS when I ordered my AR and I couldn't be happier. 
    I have a Yeti 30 tumbler and more recently purchased two RTIC 30s (one as a gift) and have not noticed any difference in performance. Having said that, I have not gone through the trouble of doing any actual testing, so very unscientific observation on my part.
    Stillwater, MN
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Would also add that delivery of my RTICs were prompt.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @StillH2OEgger... here's a quick test.  Use hot water (with the lid installed) to measure the time it takes to drop from 180 degrees to 140 degrees.  Ambient should be close to room temp.  The 30 oz Yeti takes 3.5 hours to drop 40 degrees and the 20 oz Yeti takes 3 hours for the same drop in temp.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max