Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Burgers w/homemade pimento cheese

Options
tarheelmatt
tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum
First cook outside since Butt Blast.  I just got the Eggs and Blackstone off the trailer this evening before this cook.  Had to do it by myself.  Then "blister" calls and comes over (that is my brother, who "pops" up when the work is done).  A little beat after doing that plus turning the garden, adding amendment, and planting the garden.  

Back to the food.  

Cooked six of these bad boys.  Man they were good.  Cooked on the Jr around 400°.  

Made pimento cheese to top with some bacon too.  Blister said those are some rich burgers and one of the best he's had in quite sometime.  

Here's some pictures.  

1 - All in the bowl to get happy!  The makings of pimento cheese.  

2 - Da meat! 

3 - Pimento cheese is done!  

4 - Cooking from frozen doesn't do much for grill marks, but who gives a F, these thangs were bangin!

5 - Topped with pimento love.  Burgers temping a 140°.  

6 - Melt the cheese some...

7 - Onion rolls toasted a little. 

8 - Add bacon

9 - Dukes mayo, red onion, lettuce.  

10 - Topped

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Freaking spectacular Matt!  Seriously.  Nice documentation and gorgeous burger.  Very strong brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yeah, what Brent said!
  • DeadReddog
    DeadReddog Posts: 12
    Options
    Now THAT is a burger!
    Charleston, South Cackalackey  XLBGE
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Outstanding.   B)  I'll need to try the SRF burgers sometime.  The ham that @SRFShane sent me was incredible.  Can only imagine the burgers are just as mind blowing.  Nice work on the pimento cheese as well!!!
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Nice cook. So it looks like you put cream cheese in your pimento cheese? Interesting. I've never done that but will consider it next time. It's just too easy buying the jalapeño palmetto cheese form Costco. Also nice to see a Tar Heel fan using Dukes!  ;)
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Matt, glad you got them nloaded. I was plannin to stop by tomorrow as I will be on I85 headed back from Atlanta. I had to bring a bed to my daughter and son in law, and drop something by Brents house. Oh back to the point....glad you got unloaded.....this will save me some driving time. Maybe I can get home in time so I can woop up some of those THmatt tacos. ...oh and the burgers look really really good.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Freaking spectacular Matt!  Seriously.  Nice documentation and gorgeous burger.  Very strong brother!
    Thank you little buddy!  

Yeah, what Brent said!
    Gracias!  

Now THAT is a burger!
    Thanks!  

Dyal_SC said:
    Outstanding.   B)  I'll need to try the SRF burgers sometime.  The ham that @SRFShane sent me was incredible.  Can only imagine the burgers are just as mind blowing.  Nice work on the pimento cheese as well!!!
    Give them a try!  I'll be ordering more.  

Nice cook. So it looks like you put cream cheese in your pimento cheese? Interesting. I've never done that but will consider it next time. It's just too easy buying the jalapeño palmetto cheese form Costco. Also nice to see a Tar Heel fan using Dukes!  ;)
    Yes sir, no other brand than Dukes! No affiliation with dookies, BTW.  

I've always used creme cheese in my pimento cheese.  Something about making your own to me is better.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Matt, glad you got them nloaded. I was plannin to stop by tomorrow as I will be on I85 headed back from Atlanta. I had to bring a bed to my daughter and son in law, and drop something by Brents house. Oh back to the point....glad you got unloaded.....this will save me some driving time. Maybe I can get home in time so I can woop up some of those THmatt tacos. ...oh and the burgers look really really good.
    Lol...  Glad you were thinking about me.  Too bad you wasn't around here, I'd send you down 85 with one of these bad dudes!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lol...  Glad you were thinking about me.  Too bad you wasn't around here, I'd send you down 85 with one of these bad dudes!  
    He didn't come by my house either, I don't think...
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    He drunk and surfing the Web again? Better make sure you don't have a dog on your front porch. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    He drunk and surfing the Web again? Better make sure you don't have a dog on your front porch. 
    Dammit!  Not driving into town to check tonight.  Counting on the bright pink collar to help her home.  Robin's kinda taken a liken to Maddie, more than he'll readily admit.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Matt those look awesome.. You certainly did them justice !!! Next time we speak remind me to show you how speed dial works on your phone. ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Awesome! You got a recipe to share for the pimento cheese? =)
  • Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Options
    Amazing looking burgers...Your bro is no dummy!
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Wow- great job Matt. I would love to have one of those for breakfast. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Great post. Looks bu tee full
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • northGAcock
    Options
    This week that damn dog has torn up my wifs favorite hat, dug 3 new holes in the area of my backyard where I recently re-sodded from her previous efforts. She has torn all the stuffing out of all her toys and spread it all over the patio and back yard. She ate part of a block of cheese off the counter. SHE WOKE ME UP AT 3:30 the other night cause she heard a cat outside. 10 solid minutes of straight barking. She got out twice, and unfortunatelly came back both times.

Apparently I am one sorry dog owner. But Brent, he has the time to spend really zoneing in on these behavior problems. 

• SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options
    Looks awesome!
  • beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    Options
    Damn I want some looks great
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Would you mind sharing your pimento cheese recipe. It looks really good.  Thanks!
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Damn, that burger pic! 

Outstanding @tarheelmatt
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Matt those look awesome.. You certainly did them justice !!! Next time we speak remind me to show you how speed dial works on your phone. ;)
    Thank you buddy!  I'll get you next time!  :)

Phatchris said:
    Awesome! You got a recipe to share for the pimento cheese? =)
    Yes sir!  I'll get that for you.  

Wanasmoke said:
    Amazing looking burgers...Your bro is no dummy!
    Lol, you're right!  Thanks for looking!

Wolfpack said:
    Wow- great job Matt. I would love to have one of those for breakfast. 
    I could too, but they're all gone now!  :angry:

Chubbs said:
    Great post. Looks bu tee full
    Thanks Chubbs!  

This week that damn dog has torn up my wifs favorite hat, dug 3 new holes in the area of my backyard where I recently re-sodded from her previous efforts. She has torn all the stuffing out of all her toys and spread it all over the patio and back yard. She ate part of a block of cheese off the counter. SHE WOKE ME UP AT 3:30 the other night cause she heard a cat outside. 10 solid minutes of straight barking. She got out twice, and unfortunatelly came back both times.

Apparently I am one sorry dog owner. But Brent, he has the time to spend really zoneing in on these behavior problems. 
    Still gotta love them buddy.  Like a human, they all have issues, but they have a heart too!  That's what I have to tell myself about Maggie!  

SRFShane said:
    Looks awesome!
    Thanks Shane.  These things are dynamite!  

Damn I want some looks great
    Thanks brother!  

NonaScott said:
    Would you mind sharing your pimento cheese recipe. It looks really good.  Thanks!
    Thanks, I'll post in separate than this reply.  

YEMTrey said:
    Damn, that burger pic! 

Outstanding @tarheelmatt
    Thanks!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Pimento Cheese 

• 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese (8oz package/block is what I used to shread)
    • 1 8oz pkg. cream cheese
    • 1/2 cup mayo ( I used Dukes)
    • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground cayanne
    • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 jalepeno w/most seeds and veins removed (more if you want more heat)
    • 1 4oz jar pimentos (drained)
    • Salt and pepper to taste

Place all that in a bowl and mix with mixer until well combined.  

Refrigerate and serve!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    The RR ground beef is the best I've ever had. By a mile. I have 10lbs of SRF ground that I haven't tried yet. If it's the same difference between the RR steaks and SRF steaks I can't wait to try it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I am now convinced that I need to try the burgers. I love a great burger and don't see how I can improve on the local meat.....but now I know.

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    I am now convinced that I need to try the burgers. I love a great burger and don't see how I can improve on the local meat.....but now I know.
    They were good.  I will be ordering some more of these!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site