Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STEAK and asparagus

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So I put this 2lb 45-day rotten piece of ribeye in the fridge to thaw earlier this week. I was planning to cook it last night for my birthday meal, but work stuff got in the way. The rest of my family doesn't really appreciate dry-aged beef, so I picked up some strips as well.

Hot tubbed while I got the egg hot

Strip steak on the Small first with some Code 3 Grunt Rub. Went direct around 450*-500*

Flipped and turned until it was done

It must have been good, they ate all of it.

Back out to the egg with the ribeye and Code 3 Grunt Rub

Same drill, flipped and turned until done.

Back to the egg with asparagus

Didn't take long and it was done. Not all that asparagus was for me, shared half with my wife.

I guess so...

I didn't share any of the ribeye with my wife

I did share a sip of wine, but the rest is mine.

For a $15 bottle, not too shabby.
It's been quite awhile since I've polished off a steak like that in a single sitting, but in my defense, the only other food I've had to eat today was two bananas...

Oh, and there is a chocolate peanut butter cake upstairs for me. I don't think I can, at least not for another couple hours...

Looking forward to another trip around the sun, this last one was a good one. Got to meet some really cool folks at the Salado Eggfest and at @nolaegghead's Brisket Camp II. Unfortunately I won't be able to make Salado this year, but I do have Butt Blast slotted in April. And there is no way I miss BC.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments