Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stubbs Honey Pecan Sauce

Options
I gave it a try a couple of weeks ago on some thighs and they turned out awesome. I sauced them before pulling and let the sauce caramelize a bit before pulling. Man they were delicious! So, a week later I pulled it out for some chops that were ever so dry and needed a bit of dipping sauce. Totally different taste and not really to my liking..... Gave it another shot tonight on some bone in chops and sauced while on the grill again. Awesome again! This sauce tastes totally different when given a few minutes on the grill.

BTW, I mentioned it to the wife tonight and she agree, totally different taste. Then she said "honey you should post about it on the forum". 

Lol, She's a keeper! 

Comments

• LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I haven't tried it yet but will surely take your advice. 
    IL 
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    hmmm thanks for sharing
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Homebrewguy
    Options
    I read a recipe on Steven Raichlen's BBQ U site that used that sauce on a pecan and raisin stuffed pork loin.  It sounds delicious and I'm tempted to try it soon.
    LBGE & Masterbuilt 30" Stainless Electric Digital Smokehouse w/Cold Smoker
  • Homebrewguy
    Options
    Sorry, different Stubbs sauce, but here's the recipe.

http//barbecuebible.com/recipe/bourbon-pecan-pork-loin-sweet-pepper-sauce/
    LBGE & Masterbuilt 30" Stainless Electric Digital Smokehouse w/Cold Smoker
  • ckali7
    ckali7 Posts: 120
    Options
    I was just surprised at how different the sauce tastes cooked vs. uncooked. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    ckali7 said:
    Think you are correct in that most taste better with grilling. I am not a Stubbs fan but that one sounds good. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    Last summer I seasoned some chicken breasts with Meat Church's Deez Nuts rub and finished with this sauce and they turned out awesome. Like you, I found I liked the sauce best when it has been carmelized some. 

Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • dixieD
    dixieD Posts: 5
    Options
    If you warmed it as a dipping sauce would it taste more like it did when grilled? Most if not all sauces liven up if warmed.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ckali7
    ckali7 Posts: 120
    Options
    Mickey said:
    ckali7 said:
    Think you are correct in that most taste better with grilling. I am not a Stubbs fan but that one sounds good. 
    I remember now trying other Stubbs sauces (cold as dipping sauce) and not looking them. Maybe it's just a sauce that needs to be grilled on or heated.
    Don't know if warming it in a saucepan would work or not, worth a try. Maybe even warm it in a pan to the side on the grill.