Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goulash

Options
I almost forgot to post this cook . This is for my boy @SGH.  This is the goulash I grew up with here in Texas. Served with mashed potatoes and cabbage. It would have been better with cornbread.but I was being lazy. Hard to beat. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a slam dunk to me brother. Great looking plate man. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    I remember my Mother making that often. Loved it then and love it today.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I have never heard of goulash.... looks like homemade beefaroni to me.  That said, I like beefaroni.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    I have never heard of goulash.... looks like homemade beefaroni to me.  That said, I like beefaroni.
    It's real similar. Goulash usually has more onions, tomatoes, tomato paste/sauce than beefaroni though. But it's real similar.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    My wife Shelly make one bad a$$ goulash. And yes it has beans in it!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    Hotch said:
    My wife Shelly make one bad a$$ goulash. And yes it has beans in it!!
    I have never tried it with beans. But I can certainly see where it would be good. What kind of beans do y'all put in yalls?

Status- Standing by.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I was going to make the same comment. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio