Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tequilla Prime Brisket--Sorry No Pictures

Options
Picked up a Prime 14 LB Packer. Went home cleaned out the egg got my Stoker Ready, Trimmed and seasoned the Brisket so all I had to do when I got home was put the brisket on.....Took a cab to the Bar, for a while, got home got the brisket out, lit my chimney, loaded the coals in the egg, loaded the Brisket on the Egg Fired up the Stoker and off to bed.........Fast Forward a few hours......Went outside looked at the Stoker....WoW Food temp was @ 45 Degrees Pit Temp was 45........Fan was a blazing away...........This is the Tequilla part of the cook, apparently to much..I forgot to put the probes in the Brisket and Grate, No idea how hot the Egg Was, but it burned up about 75% of a full load...So It was My First Turbo Brisket...Made some pretty decent chili with the mistake and no damage done
Visalia, Ca @lkapigian

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    That's some funny sh*t...always start the cook before you go to the bar...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's some funny stuff.  Fortunate it was still suitable for chili.  Live and learn.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Been there and done that. Only not prime brisket--- pork shoulder. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,779
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I feel better about that now
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited January 2016
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Chubbs said:
    I feel better about that now
    Haha. Makes for a good story. Can usually count on Cen tex for a few good drunk stories a year too.  ;)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013