Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas has exploded with Joy!

Options
Mosca
Mosca Posts: 456
edited December 2015 in EggHead Forum
There's a reason I'm writing this here, where no one really knows me, I don't post here much and don't really feel like I fit in well.

It's this: Everything I do, I do it for her. Cooking is an act of love. And it feels almost selfish, because I love her so much, that making her happy makes me happy. Who would I make happy? And I'm sure that most people here share that very same feeling. Sure, food is good. But it doesn't mean a damn thing unless you're with the ones you love. Without that, it's just a thing.

Three weeks ago Mary Joan (Mrs Mosca) went into the hospital with blood clots in both lungs. Two weeks ago she had a pap smear, and last week she was diagnosed with an extremely rare and EXTREMELY aggressive form of uterine cancer, a mix of serous cell and carcinosarcoma. Google them. Separately they are bad, with 30% five year survival. Together they are worse. But if you catch it before it spreads, the odds are flipped: survival is very good.

Today we got the results from the CAT scan: against all odds, the tumor hasn't spread. That is rare because carcinosarcomas are asymptomatic until they have metastasized; once they are discovered it is usually too late.

So New Years is totally botched, she's having surgery the 30th. We gotta do the ribs this Saturday instead of Jan 1st. And that is the best thing that has happened to us! I'll spend NYE in a hospital room with the one for whom every rib, every hamburger, every pork butt and brisket and bowl of soup is an act of eternal love.

Warren Zevon said it best. Enjoy every sandwich, people. Enjoy every sandwich with those whom you love.

Tom

Comments