Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EggHeads wishing to help the Palmetto State in time of need

Options
To the forum,

A couple of our peers have offered to provide donations to those effected by the floods of South Carolina. My Neighborhood has a drop off here in Northeast Columbia at the management offices. They are accepting cash, food and personal goods. There is a big need for personal hygiene products (water, soap, shampoo and diapers etc.). I would be happy to take the money and purchase these products or simply provide a conduit for your cash donation. It is my understanding that they are aligned, to insure the goods are received directly by local residents. Unfortunately, the scammers are starting to show up in force. 

If you would like to send me a Paypal donation, (robin.clark@sodexo.com), I will ensure the money gets to the proper folks, and provide receipts as best I can. I will be happy to collect, pass along and keep the forum up to date with the collections. If you wish to discuss anything with me directly, you can reach me on my cell at 678-234-8042.

Please understand that I recognize there is an integrity question here with my doing this. I recognize there would be a level of trust you would need to bestow in me....If you feel more comfortable with the public drives, I will post a link below that will provide you with options. 

Finally, I would ask @Dyal_SC to be a secondary supporter of sorts to ensure there is some checks in place for integrity purposes. If Craig is not open to this, I would ask for another board member to volunteer.  Finally, I want to make sure I am not crossing any lines with the forum. Please understand I am not soliciting or collecting funds for personal benefit. 

Let me know your thoughts.

Here is a link to the public local drives that are available. Please read this regardless of how you prefer to donate. There is good information here that outlines the needs at this time. http://www.wistv.com/story/30196495/how-you-can-help-flood-victims 
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    For what it's worth, and it may be nothing, but I have been on the forum for a couple years now so maybe it'll help. I have met Robin and his wife and can vouch for their sincerity. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Bump for the morning crowd
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Bump for the morning crowd
    Thanks for the bump.  Donation sent.
    NOLA
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Cool thanks for doing this, just sent a little cash. Hadn't logged into paypal for a while so that was interesting.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I would like to thank those who have sent money for the Columbia Flood Funds. The local food bank (Harvest Hope) is completely out of food at this time. I am going to take the funds that I have received through noon today, and purchase needed goods from my local SAM's....and deliver it to Harvest Hope this afternoon. Given our passion is food......I thought this would be a great way to share our resources with those in need. I will share pictures later today.

I will continue to take donations, and report back with additional needs / placement as this evolves.

A special thanks to @theyolksonyou and @DoubleEgger for this idea. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,191
    Options
    Thanks @northGAcock for your efforts! 
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Just a wild thought, but would there be a need/place for us to show up somewhere and cook for people? 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Just a wild thought, but would there be a need/place for us to show up somewhere and cook for people? 
    I will inquire. I do know that as we move through the weekend, much of the floodwater is making its way towards the coast. There conditions are going to deteriorate . Will look into this concept further.

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Let me know. My weekend is pretty open. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    An update. I have just submitted a donation to the Columbia Harvest Hope Food Bank in the amount of $510 on behalf of Big Green Egg - Egghead Forum. I will continue to provide assistance as outlined in original post. Given our passion for food, and the Food Banks needs right now, I have chosen this orginzation to support. IF you would like to donate to them directly, go to http://www.harvesthope.org/ or you can send me a donation via PayPal at robin.clark@sodexo.com if you prefer. Either one works for me.

Again thanks to those who have donated in support of this catastrophe.

• northGAcock
    Options
    I have just submitted a donation to the Columbia Harvest Hope Food Bank 

A National Guardsman was just struck by a hit and run driver at the Harvest Hope Food Bank. Interesting that they told me earlier this morning that the online donation was the way to go based on the traffic in the area. Man ol man.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    $500 bucks ain't bad for a couple hours work!
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Was happy to do it.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    An update. I have just submitted a donation to the Columbia Harvest Hope Food Bank in the amount of $510 on behalf of Big Green Egg - Egghead Forum. I will continue to provide assistance as outlined in original post. Given our passion for food, and the Food Banks needs right now, I have chosen this orginzation to support. IF you would like to donate to them directly, go to http://www.harvesthope.org/ or you can send me a donation via PayPal at robin.clark@sodexo.com if you prefer. Either one works for me.

Again thanks to those who have donated in support of this catastrophe.

I can confirm this as I saw the receipt.  Great work, Robin - thanks for doing that.
    NOLA
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Team,  I live in Aiken SC and work in Columbia.  My job requires me to travel quite a bit through out South Carolina.  It's truly amazing what Mother Nature is capable of.  If any of you saw the CBS new last night the grandmother that got trapped in her car on the way to church was one of my employees mothers.  His son was able to get to her in the vehicle and he held onto her in the rushing water for five hours before help could arrive.  All of the thoughts and prayers and of course the donations are greatly appreciated I'm sure.

I have been on this forum for a few years now quietly watching/listening in the background learning a ton from so many of you.  If I could be so bold as to ask if there is any interest in putting together a group to join up in Columbia and cook for the first responders who have worked tirelessly for so many.  I know this may be far fetched but I would be willing to do some leg work and talk with some local butchers and see if we could get some donations.  Let me know your thoughts.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    +1 to what @Jeremiah said about @northGAcock 's sincerity and honesty. I've met him too.  @northGAcock , thx for throwing this together and lemme know if there is anything I can do to help... whether it be quality assurance or cooking for people. I gotcha back brother man!
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Team,  I live in Aiken SC and work in Columbia.  My job requires me to travel quite a bit through out South Carolina.  It's truly amazing what Mother Nature is capable of.  If any of you saw the CBS new last night the grandmother that got trapped in her car on the way to church was one of my employees mothers.  His son was able to get to her in the vehicle and he held onto her in the rushing water for five hours before help could arrive.  All of the thoughts and prayers and of course the donations are greatly appreciated I'm sure.

I have been on this forum for a few years now quietly watching/listening in the background learning a ton from so many of you.  If I could be so bold as to ask if there is any interest in putting together a group to join up in Columbia and cook for the first responders who have worked tirelessly for so many.  I know this may be far fetched but I would be willing to do some leg work and talk with some local butchers and see if we could get some donations.  Let me know your thoughts.
    I will be happy to help. I made some calls today to see if i / we could help. If you can navigate the details, I'm in.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    In the meantime, all you folks whose wallets are lubed up by the libations, make a damn donation!
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    Thanks for all you and everyone else is doing to help out! God Bless! Donation sent 
    Brandon, MS
  • northGAcock
    Options
    We had a really nice donation last night. Bumping this up. Thanks for all of your help.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Kind of got to this late. Been out of the country. I will send some money to the CHHFB. Keep us caught up on the situation.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    I have made a very modest donation.  Thank you for allowing me to help out in this small, but important way.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• northGAcock
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thank you for finding it in your heart to give. Every dollar helps. Let me say thank you on behalf of the residents of South Carolina. 

• northGAcock
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I wanted to again thank those who have joined me in donating to the Columbia Harvest Hope Food Bank. As an update, I have passed along an additional $225 this morning, Bringing our total to $735 plus any direct donations you may have made to one of the other local charities.

If you are interested in making a donation, here is a link to the public local drives that are available. Please read this regardless of how you prefer to donate. There is good information here that outlines the needs at this time. http://www.wistv.com/story/30196495/how-you-can-help-flood-victims 

If you prefer, you are welcome to donate via PayPal to robin.clark@sodexo.com and I will gladly submit under the Big Green Egg Egghead Forum banner. 

It is a pleasure to be associated with this forum and those who care so much for the those who are experiencing the difficulties brought on by the floods. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I just sent you a donation via PayPal Robin. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • northGAcock
    Options
    John, you were most generous. Thank you.

• northGAcock
    Options
    I have received several additional donations this morning.  As an update, I have passed along an additional $200 this afternoon, This brings the total to $935 directly donated from the EggHead forum. Of course I know there are others who have made donations from one of the other local charities.

Again, If you are interested in making a donation, here is a link to the public local drives that are available. Please read this regardless of how you prefer to donate. There is good information here that outlines the needs at this time. http://www.wistv.com/story/30196495/how-you-can-help-flood-victims 

If you prefer, you are welcome to donate via PayPal to robin.clark@sodexo.com and I will gladly submit under the Big Green Egg Egghead Forum banner. 

Again thanks to you all.