Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Pizzas

Options
I'm guilty of not posting here as often as I have in the past. I was bit by an unknown assailant sometime on Friday. By Saturday early AM my left elbow resembled a pork butt :angry:  and I was in some fierce pain. So we went up the road to the CVS MinuteClinic. The Nurse Practitioner said it was a pretty serious infection and could visually see two fanglike marks in my elbow area.  So, I'm glad @HuskerMaMa pushed me to go in. A day and half later on Cephalexin the swelling has subsided and pain almost gone. All was going pretty good and then I watched the Husker Game. WTH!!! :disappointed:   Made up some dough this morning. 

Went w/ 265g dough balls 61% hydration used King Arthur Non-bleached flour and let them proof. 

Warming up and breaking the cherry on my newest Smokeware. Thanks @tarheelmatt for the watermark art and Smokeware for an excellent product. The laser etching was done by a company out in Atlanta. 

I've had issues getting an underbite and gasket leak cured so, I decided I'd do these pies and simultaneously clean up the egg in preparation for a new Rutland and new bands & hinge assy.  The fire ring cracked again during the cleanup but, no worries I have a replacement ready in our shed. 

Went at a comfortable 700-750℉ dome today. 

Prepped some pancetta & sweet capicola for the pies. 

Here are just a couple of pies I did today (made 7). Delivered 2 to two separate neighbors. It's nice to share we always say :smile: 

All in all it was a great weekend. Bronco win over the Vikings brings us to 4-0 :clap:  and next up the Raiders. Hope y'all had a fantastic Sunday. Thanks for looking.
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Great looking pies Blake!

What the hell bit ya?
    Options
    @nolaegghead Thanks buddy!  No effing idea but, it put a hurting on me that's fo sho!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like another home run from team Husker. Awesome job buddy :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Well, bite it back next time!  Glad you're on the mend, and nice looking pies btw.

Phoenix 
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    I made a pair on SATURDAY for guests.   Got great reviews, too.   But I don't go crazy with the dough.   I make it in my BREAD MACHINE using the most simple recipe possible.  
    I DO, however, make a special trip to the German Market for cheese and sausage.  

Your crust DOES look killer, however, no question about it.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Love the cap mod!  Great looking pies too
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Glad you're on the mend!  Introduced some guests to HuskerMama's famous cauliflower "rice" last night.  Served it with some stuffed pork loin and gave full credit to you and yours. It is nice to share!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Glad to hear you're getting better.  Nice looking za's, and kudos for taking care of the neighbors.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Great looking pies Blake!
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Nice pies
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Spider bite?

Happened to me. My hand blew up like a boxing glove. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Those look like some premium pies. Nice work  

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great lookin pizza for sure!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • dieseldare
    Options
    What's your egg setup when you make these?  PS?  Legs up or down?  Grate?  how high is the pizza stone?
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Spider bite I doubt it...probably a Walker. Blake will be a zombie soon, nice knowing ya buddy!! Hey after you turn can I have your truck? :D Great looking pizza BTW
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Blake them some nice lookin pies!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thanks everybody!  
    @ksmyrl Yep too late....brains! brains!
    @dieseldare 6 and one half dozen the other. But, I personally go PS legs down, 7/8"-1 1/8" copper 90s or Ts to create an air gap and then the stone which puts me slightly above the gasket line.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Those look excellent!
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • platypusrex
    Options
    Nice pies, and hope the vermin died as a result of messin' with you! So how'd you take the moving pictures, did you get an iPhone 6S?
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Nice Blake, putting in a few pies now!  Whaddaya say we start posting again now that the weather is bearable. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @platypusrex All my pics are from a HTC One M8. The gifs are the result of multiple back to back pics being taken and then it's converted to gif format or you have the option of picking a photo or photos vs a gif. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Those are some nice looking pizza's and they are cooked to perfection. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice pies there Blake!

Check under your bed, make sure this guy isn't hiding there...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Thanks again everybody!  Update....woke up at 2AM to take my antibiotic pill and the pain and swelling are back! SMH!!! Drove straight to my Primary Care Physician at 7AM. To be fair the Minute Clinic can only do so much and they did help me. Long story short I ended up getting a antibiotic shot in the tookis and a tetanus shot in the arm & another set of antibiotics plus the 1 I'm on already. Yep this pretty much sucks. But the Pizzas rocked :lol: Positive note I'm thankful for the care I'm getting. Have a great day eggheads. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    looks good.....pizza on the egg is an art and you got it down!
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Thanks again everybody!  Update....woke up at 2AM to take my antibiotic pill and the pain and swelling are back! SMH!!! Drove straight to my Primary Care Physician at 7AM. To be fair the Minute Clinic can only do so much and they did help me. Long story short I ended up getting a antibiotic shot in the tookis and a tetanus shot in the arm & another set of antibiotics plus the 1 I'm on already. Yep this pretty much sucks. But the Pizzas rocked :lol: Positive note I'm thankful for the care I'm getting. Have a great day eggheads. 
    Great looking pies and you are definitely setting a terrific example for all the children in the neighborhood--not just your own--by your good deeds.  Heal up fast!
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Very nice looking pies!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing better.  Could it have been a spider?  Those things can be wicked.  

Awesome looking pies as always.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Maybe it was a radioactive spider and you'll pick up a spidery super power....
    Options
    Hello, my name is Blake.

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA