Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Meal (Caution NOT a BGE cook)

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
Went with simple tonight. Well, pretty simple. 
These are my recipes feel free to try them if you like. Yes, they can be egged. Including prep to plate this took me about 45 minutes. The cheese grits took the longest. 
Cheese Grits
4C water + 4 cups whole milk + punch of salt bring to a boil. Add in 8oz cream cheese and whisk in till dissolved. Add in grits approx 1 3/4C and lower temp to simmer. Continue to stir to keep smooth. Add in grated cheese (I used a blend of Colby, Monterey Jack & Cheddar). Once it's silky smooth it's ready. Serve immediately. I topped with a pinch of shredded cheese and chopped chives. 

Crab Cakes
Lump Blue Crab (always prefer wild caught or fresh)  approx 2#
Dukes Mayo approx 1 1/4C, 2 eggs, squeeze 1 lemon, Ancho Chile powder 2TBS, Punch of Coarse Kosher Salt and Black cracked pepper alike and approx 1/4C (fist full) of chopped chives Whisk these ingredients. Add in Panko until consistency is good (about 2C). Add in crab. By hand gently mix it all together until it's all Incorporated well. Making cakes>>> make a ball slightly larger than that of a cue ball and gently flatten slightly to form a patty/cake and place onto parchment paper. I was able to make 11 cakes. I placed into the freezer for about 15 minutes to get them a bit stiffer. 350℉ on a griddle, med heat on CI or CI in the egg or Kettle Q  griddle all work great.  Go until crispy golden brown. Enjoy

Served with seeoleslaw (store bought) and ciabatta bread we had leftover. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Food looks awesome as usual,
    but . . . that GIF!

Man.
    Nice.  Real nice.
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    I had my wife hold my hand while I opened the thread just in case I got scared. ..LOL.

Great looking cook and the video is mesmerizing. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - Brother Husker you know that you aint suppose to post stuff here that wasnt egged. You should follow the example that i have set ;) On a serious note, it looks outstanding. Egged or not, good grub is good grub my friend. Awesome job buddy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.