Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The little skillet that could

Options
First real post in a while.  As I have been recovering from a recent illness, I haven't Egged all that much, and the past few weeks I've kept it pretty simple.  Nothing Pic/Post worthy.
I found this little CI Skillet a couple weeks ago, and decided it would be useful on the Egg.  I do a lot of cooking for two, and manytimes just for myself.  Seemed like the perfect size for a number of different cooks.

The ceramic dome is from a Large for comparison purposes.  Skillet is 5in x 5in.

Pre heated to 550 right on the coals, then seared the PRIME CAB Filets a few minutes per side.

Threw on a few tails to go with the steak, and added some butter for additional flavor

Got a nice sear, and a beautiful med rare piece of meat.  Steaks were melt in your mouth tender.

No plated pic with the backed potatoes and veggies - too hungry to wait.

Skillet is perfect for sandwiches, and worked perfectly last week to sear a few bacon wrapped scallops.  A good purchase.

Comments