Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mmmm, Beef Ribs

Options
Monty77
Monty77 Posts: 667
All the recent posts on beef ribs have given me the urge to Egg some up today.  Rubbed up these two racks with Down & Dizzy from DP, left in the fridge for 4 hours.  I fired up the XL and got it stable at 260* indirect on raised grid with pecan chunks and JD oak chips for smoke.  Put them on at 11:00 am and let em ride for 3 hours.  I then moved them onto a cookie sheet, basted with melted butter, brown sugar and added some apple juice for moisture.  Put them back on at 300* for about 1.25 hours sealed tightly with a tinfoil cover.  At this point the pull back was just what I was hoping, so I sauced them up with "Awesome in a Jar" and gave them another 1 hour at 300*.  When I removed them, they were IT of 202-208 and smelled amazing.  These beauties rested for 15 minutes and then got served up with pineapple head sweet corn, basil and oregano jasmine rice, and some grilled pineapple.  

A tasty meal and well worth the wait...  and of course I enjoyed several beverages in the pool while these did there thing on the Egg.  

Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

Comments