Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket, sausage, chicken, beans, mac n' cheese, ABT's

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
We had a party yesterday and I cooked some food.

The SRF black grade brisket stole the show. Absolutely nailed this one, the flat was right there with what I had at Delaney's Briskettown in Brooklyn (go ahead and laugh, check their creds). 

I strayed a bit from just S&P and added some onion, garlic, ancho, and sugar in the raw as well. The bark was perfect, oak and pecan smoke flavor were right there and tenderness of the flat was amazing. This says way more about the meat than the cook. When I was prepping it I noticed how marbled the flat was and got excited about it, and it delivered.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Nicely done. I'm sure your guests were very happy. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Homerun!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    @DMW- Great cook for the neighborhood. You have a great set-up. I most likely would have not tossed up the SRF but glad it was all it always is.  Sometimes is is the arrow... :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    You knocked the ball out of the park, looks like a great party. Call me vain, but I love that feeling I get when I do a big spread, it all tastes great, and my guests have a great time. Very well done sir!
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    The title says it all. Lots of work but worth the reward
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Wow, now that is a good eggin day! 
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Wow, hostess with the mostest! 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Great string of cooks DMW!  I would crush all of it!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I had a blast, but it is a lot of work. My wife jumped in and helped prep the mac n' cheese, otherwise I wouldn't have finished it all. I wanted to setup the outside area with the canopy and everything the day before, but there was a threat of thunderstorms and didn't want to risk it. Had to do that the morning of.

@lousubcap - This wasn't for the neighborhood, had a group of friends and family over I've known most of for 20+ years. If this was a block party it probably would have been pulled pork and hot dogs. :smiley: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    Brother D, it all looks like a winner to me. Great job :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jollygreenegg
    Options
    Plate looks awesome!  Meat and carbs is all I need (only reason I every cook veggies is because of the wifey)!
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Great looking food and pictures.  I've never cooked on a Hadty Bake, but my dad used one when I was a kid.  Any difference in the HB and a Weber Kettle?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • DMW
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    Great looking food and pictures.  I've never cooked on a Hadty Bake, but my dad used one when I was a kid.  Any difference in the HB and a Weber Kettle?
    Thanks! As far as Weber Kettle vs HB, not sure I can give a very comprehensive comparison as I haven't done all that much cooking on a kettle. I do really like how you can adjust the height of the firebox just by cranking the handle. The HB does provide some impressive cooking real estate. I have added gasket around the firebox door and it has helped with temp control considerably. I used it last night to grill burgers and it worked great. Compared to the egg though, it is much more cleanup and if it is windy, makes a good deal of mess from the ash blowing around.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Dwayne that's like total food Pr0N overload! I'd destroy a plate of this. :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL