Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Foil Towels and Cooler (FTC) for extended duration

Options
What follows is a process I use to get at least 8 hours out of a FTC (no comment on why the extended requirement...friggin cow:)) .  Pre-warm your cooler (I use and el cheapo Igloo) with hot water.  Heat some garage quality towels in the dryer.  Double wrap the target meat in HDAF and the towels, into the cooler and place in the sun.  You are good to go.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Pics time stamped or it didn't happen. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • evie1370
    Options
    Thanks, I am using this now for my too early done brisket. did not warm towels or cooler as I was in a hurry to get it in. But triple wrapped with foil, towels in an igloo outside. Since it will get to 90 today I think we will be fine.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Good advise. My BIB is 10 hours in and the IT is at 172F. Hoping for a 3:30 pull. If not I will be using the recommendations!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky