Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kitchen Stuff - Good Sale

Options
Been looking for a pressure cooker and decided on a Fagor, best price I found was at BB&B after their 20% off. But when I checked stock, there were none available locally. As far as I know, the 20% coupon can't be used for online orders. 

So, I started looking elsewhere and remembered Cooking.com where I have purchased in the past. Opened their site and saw "Everything must go"! Seems they have merged with Chefs.com and are cleaning house. So, the Fagor Duo 8 qt that is $109.99 everywhere else (or $88 at BBB if they had any) was $69.96 at cooking.com. Free shipping. I got the last one. =)

Posting this to let you know of the sale. I looked around a bit and stocks are definitely limited. However, they had some good deals on All-Clad (examples... 12" SS fry pan, $70, 3 qt SS sauté pan, $60), Le Creuset, Staub (4 qt CI DO, $105... 5 qt $182) and Wusthof to name a few.

Sorry to be an enabler, but wanted to pass along some pretty good deals. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    I have never owned or cooked with a pressure cooker but I have childhood memories of my mother preparing stewed chicken & dumplings in one. Cooking times aside, what are the advantages and benefits of cooking in a pressure cooker?  
    IL 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If you can believe the hype, much shorter cooking times, better nutritional values, reduced energy costs. Supposed to be GREAT for stock. We'll see. I just always wanted to try it. Looking forward to pressure cooked dried beans and fresh green beans. Hope I can cook green beans that taste like Mom's in a fraction of the time.

One of the first things I want to cook is a small pork butt... in an hour! I know it won't be as good as a fresh off the egg butt, but it will be interesting to see whether it tastes better than egged butt that has been reheated. I have yet to reheat a butt that was even close to as good as fresh off the egg. Tried many methods with little success. It's not BAD, but it's just not as good as fresh cooked.

Would be great to cut off half a pound of raw butt, throw it in the PC and have fresh cooked pulled pork an hour (or less) later. I know it won't be smoked, but neither was the 8 pounder I did in Mom's oven a while back. And it was delicious! No bark either, but that's okay.

We'll see. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out and spend more stupid money.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jollygreenegg
    Options
    We have a Fagor pressure cooker that was a wedding gift 11yrs ago.  It still works like new.  

My favorite food to cook in it is oxtail takes about an hour to get 'fall off the bone' tender meat, which normally would take 3+ hrs of slow and low cooking.
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    We have a Fagor pressure cooker that was a wedding gift 11yrs ago.  It still works like new.  

My favorite food to cook in it is oxtail takes about an hour to get 'fall off the bone' tender meat, which normally would take 3+ hrs of slow and low cooking.
    Good to know. The only one that got better reviews was the Kuhn-Rikon at nearly three times the price!

Been wanting to try oxtail for awhile now. Maybe I finally will.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut