Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooked for 12

Options
Four racks of ribs, corn on cob, beans with smoked sausage, bacon-wrapped jalapeños stuffed with creme cheese, potato salad, letuce salad and for desert, smoked cast iron apple pie.  All of it, except the salads, cooked on the large BGE and KJJ.  It was a big hit and this is the most people I've ever cooked for on the egg. 
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Awesome job brother. How do you like the Joe Jr? I bought one the first week that they were available and still only 300 bucks. It's been a great little rig to me.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Nice work 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    SGH said:
    Awesome job brother. How do you like the Joe Jr? I bought one the first week that they were available and still only 300 bucks. It's been a great little rig to me.  
    It's a heck of nice cooker, IMHO.  I paid only $399.

I know you do it on a regular basis, but I found that cooking for a large group was really hard work. I started out at about noon and didn't take the apple pie off until close to 9 PM.  Having  multiple cookers seems essential. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    I am with you @Terrebandit when I cook for a crowd I find it stressfull but rewarding in the end. Looks like you nailed it though.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    txhawkeye said:
    I am with you @Terrebandit when I cook for a crowd I find it stressfull but rewarding in the end. Looks like you nailed it though.
    As it turned out, one of the ladies in my group was celebrating her birthday that day.  I had no idea until she told me.  She also told me that ribs were her favorite meal and there was no way she was going to miss out.   I must say that motivated me even more and made this even more rewarding.  
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    It looks like everything you did was successful.  As with anything, we don't mind putting in the effort when we know how much it was appreciated in the  end.  Sounds like you nailed this completely.  Nicely done sir.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.