Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chris Bianco's Spiedini

Options
Wanasmoke's excellent kabob post reminded me of an article I read a couple of days ago in USA Today about Chris Bianco's Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix (a place I would stand in line for four hours for). Their photos included this Spiedini appetizer; fontina on a skewer, wrapped in prosciutto, heated in a wood fired oven. Served on a bed of arugula with a vinaigrette. I can't tell what the little bits on the prosciutto are, rosemary maybe? Man, this looks good!! 

Thought this might be helpful to anyone looking for a fest appetizer. Put it on a toothpick!  :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Looks fantastic!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 153
    Options
    Ran across this older post, but I'm with you @Carolina Q ...Pizzeria Bianco is phenomenal! Used to go there quite a bit when I lived in the Valley. In fact, looking to move the family back there again...just looking for a house with the perfect spot for my XL BGE in the back!
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Craig, before you leave, have you tried Una Pizza Napoletana in San Fran? Guy closed his shop in Manhattan and moved it 3000 miles away. Pizza quality-wise, Mangieri is supposed to be in the same category as Chris Bianco though the ambiance at UPN is nonexistent. Expensive too. Never tried either so I can't say.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 153
    Options
    Craig, before you leave, have you tried Una Pizza Napoletana in San Fran? Guy closed his shop in Manhattan and moved it 3000 miles away. Pizza quality-wise, Mangieri is supposed to be in the same category as Chris Bianco though the ambiance at UPN is nonexistent. Expensive too. Never tried either so I can't say.
    I haven't Michael...although the pics on the website look fantastic! I love their hours - "5pm - out of dough". 
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Great looking teaser.  Looks like rosemary from here specially the big piece top right.