Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat on a Stick

Options
Kabobs galore tonight as summer kicks into high gear....

Marinated steak, onion, mushroom, cherry tomatoes from the garden
Teriyaki marinated chicken thighs with pineapple 
Lemon garlic shrimp with andouille 

Grilled direct @ 400

LBGE in Elm Grove, WI

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Looks awesome!! Great cook. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    Options
    Stick a skewer in me I'm done....  That looks awesome. Nice job!
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Fantastic looking cook and way cool avatar!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Love meat on a stick!  That looks great!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Dang!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    Fantastic looking cook and way cool avatar!
    Thanks!  My Bro-in-law designed that logo for my annual sausage making party every August....can't wait to post pics in a few weeks
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Excellent.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Works of art!  Nice bro!
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Heck yeah!  That looks soooooo good!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Wow, looks great!
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wow, those all looked GOOD!!!  I find kebabs kind of a pain when I'm only doing one kind, but WOW it looks cool to do several kinds at once.  That looks like a fun meal!

I love the idea of andouille and shrimp, but I'd have thought the shrimp would be way overdone by the time the andouille was cooked.  Do you pre-cook them or something?  That sounds like a great combination!  (They all do!)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I agree those look great.  I really like what you did with the shrimp and sausage. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Wow, those all looked GOOD!!!  I find kebabs kind of a pain when I'm only doing one kind, but WOW it looks cool to do several kinds at once.  That looks like a fun meal!

I love the idea of andouille and shrimp, but I'd have thought the shrimp would be way overdone by the time the andouille was cooked.  Do you pre-cook them or something?  That sounds like a great combination!  (They all do!)
    I saw a pic online that had them arranged like that...thought it was a cool idea. The andouille was smoked and fully cooked already so it just needed a sear with the shrimp. 
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Man, that looks good! I'm normally too lazy to do kabobs, but this could change my attitude! =) 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Beautiful looking cook! I might have do some shrimp like this.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wanasmoke said:
    The andouille was smoked and fully cooked already so it just needed a sear with the shrimp. 
    Oh, cool!  I need to look at the label more carefully.  I didn't realize some of them are fully cooked.  I had some shrimp and grits not long ago at a restaurant on Hilton Head and it was loaded with really smoky andouille, and it was a great combination.  Your kebabs look like they'd be great, too.  I may have to try that.  Thanks!
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    Look'n Good
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About