Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Rambler 30 oz

Options
rsterman
rsterman Posts: 119
my wife and I were just in Traverse City, Michigan for our friend's son's wedding to a local girl......A wonderful time was had by all......my wife bought a M22 visor for pickle ball, and I bought a 30 ounce Yeti Rambler to house my adult beverages while egging........keeps a Titos & tonic ridiculously cold for almost a whole session......sometimes I have to refresh, just to refresh, not because it still isn't ice cold....it still is!!!

my only issue with the thing is the inabilty to close off the top to keep it from spilling out a little......seems like a design flaw to me......is it just me or is there a solution I am unaware of?
Berlin, Maryland

Comments

• nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    I agree.  I can't believe the lid doesn't close.  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    I think the secret is to balance the alcohol intake so the YETI and the consumer both stay upright! - thus no spilling. It's takes days  on end of practice - or at least my wife accepted that explanation! =)
  • rsterman
    Options
    RRP said:
    I think the secret is to balance the alcohol intake so the YETI and the consumer both stay upright! - thus no spilling. It's takes days  on end of practice - or at least my wife accepted that explanation! =)
    I think we must have married the same woman....however after 40+ years my wife just looks at me like,"have you lost your feeble mind?"
    Berlin, Maryland
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Try bubble gun
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    Options
    rsterman said:
    RRP said:
    I think we must have married the same woman....however after 40+ years my wife just looks at me like,"have you lost your feeble mind?"
    Yup! 49 years next month here - you think they are on to us yet? =)
  • RRP
    Options

Mickey said:
    Try bubble gun
    guN? Me thinks Mickey is still practicng the balancing effort needed!
  • Wolfe
    Wolfe Posts: 79
    Options
    What's the cost up north?
  • rsterman
    Options
    Wolfe said:
    What's the cost up north?
    $40
    Berlin, Maryland
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    My wife was being nice and bought me a tervis lid (it will fit on my 30) but I think part of the Yetis strength is in the lid. I love my yeti and it performs much better with the Yeti lid.
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    RiverDoc said:
    I love my yeti 
    I have been well pleased with mine thus far. I had it out on the Gulf with me all day today in 99 degree heat and it didn't disappoint at all. I have never been a Yeti advocate, but I have to give credit where credit is due. The Yeti cup is worth every cent.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jaime
    Jaime Posts: 87
    Options
    RiverDoc said:
    My wife was being nice and bought me a tervis lid (it will fit on my 30) but I think part of the Yetis strength is in the lid. I love my yeti and it performs much better with the Yeti lid.
    Well I tried the big Tervis cap and it seems just a tad small to fit my yeti 30oz... But the tervis handle for their large tumbler will fit.. The lower ring hangs in space but the upper ring allows the handle to work nicely..  Swordsmn stealing wifey's ipad again
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Jaime said:
    RiverDoc said:
    Well I tried the big Tervis cap and it seems just a tad small to fit my yeti 30oz... But the tervis handle for their large tumbler will fit.. The lower ring hangs in space but the upper ring allows the handle to work nicely..  Swordsmn stealing wifey's ipad again
    It seems @RRP had a thread about this. Found it! 
    Check out this handle. The tervis lid actually will fit it's Very tight but it will fit, and you have a way to close the top. I still have it I just prefer the yeti top.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1183635/yeti-x-5/p2
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Try bubble gun
    I was about to say that then read your post.   Great minds...
    Options
    The offerings from Hydro Flask in their wide mouth version is by far the longest lasting Thermos bottle I've seen. They also sell a lid with a pop up nipple that makes drinking from it a Singh and you get no spillage or temp loss. Another nice thing is that you can get even a growler size 64oz for the price of the overpriced Yeti.
    My opinions tend to be unbiased and sometimes spicy..
  • SGH
    Options
    SATO7 said:
    a pop up nipple 
    When I was much younger, I knew a stripper who had a pair of these ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    SATO7 said:
    Another nice thing is that you can get even a growler size 64oz 
    I really like the thought of a 64oz. To me, the bigger the better. 

Status- Standing by.

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    SATO7 said:
    The offerings from Hydro Flask in their wide mouth version is by far the longest lasting Thermos bottle I've seen. They also sell a lid with a pop up nipple that makes drinking from it a Singh and you get no spillage or temp loss. Another nice thing is that you can get even a growler size 64oz for the price of the overpriced Yeti.
    Hm ,have u tried the Zojirushi?    I burnt my tongue on 12 hour old coffee on one of those.     

Those hydro flasks look pretty cool but I think the lid on the Zojirushi is absolutely bulletproof 
  • nth78
    Options
    I have the 20 oz.  This isn't a big deal and more me being OCD, but.... When mine is empty and I shake it, it sounds like there is something rattling around inside between the stainless steel walls.  It is something small but it bugs me.  I have no idea what it could be.  I don't see any way to disassemble the rambler to get it out.  I know it doesn't hurt anything or effect performance and when there is liquid in the rambler, you can't shake it hard enough to hear it (without making a mess).  Has anyone else had this experience?
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Do you wash it in the dishwasher???

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• nth78
    Options
    Do you wash it in the dishwasher???
    Nope, never washed it in the dishwasher

• RRP
    Options
    nth78 said:
    I have the 20 oz.  This isn't a big deal and more me being OCD, but.... When mine is empty and I shake it, it sounds like there is something rattling around inside between the stainless steel walls.  It is something small but it bugs me.  I have no idea what it could be.  I don't see any way to disassemble the rambler to get it out.  I know it doesn't hurt anything or effect performance and when there is liquid in the rambler, you can't shake it hard enough to hear it (without making a mess).  Has anyone else had this experience?
    It has a 5 year warranty against workmanship defects so return it! Call 512-394-9384 to start the return process!
  • nth78
    Options
    RRP said:
    nth78 said:
    It has a 5 year warranty against workmanship defects so return it! Call 512-394-9384 to start the return process!
    Thanks, I just filled out a warranty request on their website
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

We went to the lake with some other couples a few weeks ago and my buddy's wife had the 30 ouncer.  Her vodka drinks never needed fresh ice all day in the 95+ degree Texas sun on the lake.  Made a believer out of me....getting one first chance I get.  I think my local Ace carries the 20 oz., but haven't seen a 30 oz. there. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer