Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Burnt Ends

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
I've been wanting to try @SGH  pork burnt ends for a while and after I saw @Dyal_SC  thread the other day I decided I had to do them this weekend. I used the country ribs (from the butt) because I was going for a bit quicker cook, still took longer than I thought. Injected with butter after cubing and I added what I had left of a jar of Blues Hog toward the end. I did not cook as long as I would have liked because the family was hungry but man, these were good. Next time I'll allot more time.

In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Bravo sir!!!  Looks phenomenal!!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I've used tips from St Louis ribs two weeks in a row. Good stuff!
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Those look great! I also want to try them, but haven't had time. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    Whoa - nicely done!  I'll just assume they were as good as they look.
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    OMG! I need to try this. Those look amazing!
    GWN
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I did the same cook tonight with pork butt instead of country style ribs. I will do it a bit different next time. I used Blues Hog and Blues Hog red mixed but didn't have enough sauce. I also had to foil the pan for an hour to get them nice and tender. Total cook time was about 8 hrs at 300 degrees. They turned out delicious but I didn't inject the butter. Maybe I'll try that next time. Your's look better than mine. Nice cook. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    They look like a winner to me. Glad that you enjoyed them my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.